Greyhound Scalping and Trading

We've gone to the dogs.
PeterLe

bologna29 wrote:Excuse me please cybernet69, but can you please explain me how is possible to get a P/L column with all the amounts saved like you have them in "REAL MODE" not in SIMULATION MODE, because they are going to fix this bug in next version of software you're using?? :shock: :shock:
I asked the same question as to whether he was using this in simulation mode..
I tested the software concerned to replicate it..(its not as good as betangel by the way!)
I could only get the P/L col when in Simulation mode, not in live mode
bologna29

Yes true. Did he answer at all, because the results are more then different in both cases, I mean Simulation and Real mode...?
spreadbetting

PeterLe wrote:
I asked the same question as to whether he was using this in simulation mode..
I tested the software concerned to replicate it..(its not as good as betangel by the way!)
I could only get the P/L col when in Simulation mode, not in live mode
Probably explains why he swerved all requests to put up his Betfair pnl screenshots :)

Simulations will always assume you're at the head of the queue and matched, very rare the results wuld be duplicated in real life situations.
PeterLe

Hi SB,
In fairness, I think he (She?) isnt that far off (i was surprised to see a one tick offset working as well as it did.
It is possible that they have cracked it (i really do hope so, as they seem to have put a lot of effort into it)
Regards
Peter
spreadbetting

Fair enough Peter, I bot the greyhound markets myself so know how hard it can be to find something that pays it's way long term. I'm always a bit cynical at the best of times but usually more so when people are happy to give their hard work away for free, especially when they're happy to verify with some software but not via their Betfair account. But good luck to them it's not easy to make money on the greyhounds or even selling software I'd guess ;)
Crazyskier

spreadbetting wrote:
PeterLe wrote:

Simulations will always assume you're at the head of the queue and matched, very rare the results wuld be duplicated in real life situations.
I can verify this from personal experience.
vhdgkl

in my opinion,trading for profit greyhound markets is really simple.

trading for large profit on greyhounds market is really hard.
i have an overall of 35cents for race.,,,so,at the end of on hour of trading session i will gain overall 3£.
i use between 20-100£(100 below @3..up @4 20-25 max)

if i fill more money then the market maker destroy me pushing prices against me(too much!)..

for the moment greyhounds market is not many scalable in my opinion..so I try to learn how to trade on the horses(trading on the horses is incredible hard :D )
cavoir

Hello.
I tried to do the automation.Yet I think I know it but it does not work.
I run on betdaq.
I have to take a back less a ticks on the ltp?
I only target the favorite or all the others?
Offset 1 ok.Scalp short.
Private message accepted.
Thanck you.
dannycutts

I am manually trading the dogs and looking for gaps is what I am doing seems to be ok... not upped my stakes yet though as I want to see how consistent I can be first...

I think I may be able to create a bot to do what I am doing but only time will tell

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”