50 A Day System

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Murgo

I have never heard of this particular system. But I run my own system with odds on runners (pre-race). I find that runners at these odds are the most reliable. The win and loss rate is roughly 50% (hence odds of 2). I do use a loss recovery system which I developed over time. I make a consistent profit (but not enough to retire on).

Anyway, I guess what I am saying is that odds on backing / laying has some merit and not all loss recovery systems are bad.

Try and come up with your own system ... it is possible.

Good luck.
vladilyich

Doesnt this just sound like a Horse Racing version of the Martingale system?
Hanvalen

I stupidly bought this system a few years ago, I knew more or less instantly that it wasnt going to work long term, certainly not system one although system two has had a reasonable amount of success with the football.

I recently started looking at the first system again especially using horse racing, again I have come to the same conclusion, this is dangerous and could literally wipe you out in half an hour.

Tested on a busy Saturday afternoon using odds of 1.95 as an entry point the first horses to trigger this figure all went on to win, so initially you would lose half your bank and then continue to lose with the remainder....FAILED!!

Using another recommended method, laying before the off, seriously dangerous!! Using the Adrian Massey site easy to see at least once a month you would hit ten or more losses in a row, added to this numerous batches of five losses plus, add all these together and your next port of call is the gamble aware site.

What seriously annoys me is there are certain sites who totally recommend this system, not only that, there are countless letters from happy punters stating big wins, they are either fake or sooner or later they are in for a big shock, when I tried to post a comment similar to the one I am writing now it never got posted, how many other comments have also been scrapped? Probably quite a few from the people who initially won a bit of money.

Going back to one or two previous comments on here, I would say in my humble opinion overall you would achieve a 50/50 strike rate, the problem being exactly like roulette you may hit 12 plus losses in a row, I watch the ladder most days, there are a number of factors as to when you should enter the market with either a back or lay when the race gets to the business end.

If a horse suddenly moves into 1.5 or 1.6 from nowhere more often than not this is the winning horse, a lay here is very dangerous.

If a horse has steadily run and there has hardly been any deviation in odds and is now below 2 and still odds are decreasing again more than likely thats your winning horse.

Only if the price on the leading horse starts to deviate violently should a layer consider entering the market, this of course has the opposite effect on the backer.

To be honest having a live tv feed only hampers my decision, an understanding of how the market reacts to certain events taking place is just as good, if not better than tv pictures.
Of course it does not work all of the time, just like swing trading or scalping you cannot get it right every time, it is however a much safer method than just blindly laying the first horse to hit 2 in running.
Crazyskier

Murgo wrote:I have never heard of this particular system. But I run my own system with odds on runners (pre-race). I find that runners at these odds are the most reliable. The win and loss rate is roughly 50% (hence odds of 2). I do use a loss recovery system which I developed over time. I make a consistent profit (but not enough to retire on).

Anyway, I guess what I am saying is that odds on backing / laying has some merit and not all loss recovery systems are bad.

Try and come up with your own system ... it is possible.

Good luck.
And LUCK is what you'll undoubtedly need with a 'double stake until win' or similar system. My experience and the experience of countless others is that loss-recovery is simply a matter of time until a losing streak is long enough to wipe the entire bank.

If it ain't paying to level stakes, don't do it!
obitus

This is a very bad system, as stated before it really is just a Horse Racing version of the Martingale system.

The guide roughly states for a £50 per day you should keep going until you win £25 twice. Using the recovery system if you lose 9 in a row the tenth bet would have a liability of over 33k. This is possible by the way ! today by roughly checking I think there was losing runs of 8 and 6? might be wrong with that though
threedogs

This system relies on the fact that 66% roughly of fabvourites lose
Its a martingale catch up system and yes if you have a large bank may work for a while until you get a string of favourites winning then its goodbye bank ..simple ..avoid ..
BetScalper

Give it a try but place the lay odds @ 1.01 :)
Frogmella

threedogs wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:19 am
This system relies on the fact that 66% roughly of fabvourites lose ....
I believe that statistic refers to all favourites, backed pre-race, at whatever price.

Odds-on favourites win considerably more than that.

In-play runners, that move odds on with a furlong to go, win even more of the time (But not enough to make you a profit by backing them OR laying them, tried that, been there).
BetScalper

Frogmella wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm
threedogs wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:19 am
This system relies on the fact that 66% roughly of fabvourites lose ....
I believe that statistic refers to all favourites, backed pre-race, at whatever price.

Odds-on favourites win considerably more than that.

In-play runners, that move odds on with a furlong to go, win even more of the time (But not enough to make you a profit by backing them OR laying them, tried that, been there).
What if the layers are rapidly removing their money ? :)
skandy85

If this is the case, could you not reverse it and "Back" at odds on - with the martingale system... :-p
threedogs

I agree with all that is said about the system of laying favourites with martingale staking plan however I cant believe we are missing the obvious and without giving the game away I will just say think about what the majority of people do and think the opposite .. I make a good profit along these lines and it is so simple and there is no danger so think NOT 2.4.8.16.32.64.128.256.etc more 2.4.6.8.10.12.14.16.18.20.etc no problems you will see it now I should think ....
LeTiss

There should be a swear filter on this site for Martingale
Euler

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:13 pm
You sure? Wouldn't it just double every post?
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:07 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:13 pm
You sure? Wouldn't it just double every post?
Haha, very good

You're on form today PW :lol:
Derek27

There are two laws of probability that govern any loss recovering staking plan, such as the Martingale.

1) If you place bets that have a lesser chance of winning than the odds imply, you are guaranteed to lose long term.

2) Obviously, the more you bet, the more you lose!

Increasing stakes to recover losses usually makes a profit in the short term, but this only hides the folly of carrying out the system to its disastrous end.

Mathematically, if you're trying to double your bank on the roulette table, you actually have a much better chance of success by placing the lot on red or black and hoping for the best (not that I'm recommending it), than using the old Martingale system.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”