Place market greening

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
8ballprowler

Hi all.
Just devising a little place market bot and wondering if the greening up across all horses will also work in this market as it does on the win market?
Neil.
Dallas

Yes it works the same way on all markets
HRacing

Theres been some shockers been throw up recently especially on the enhanced place markets
adhuk

Log.jpg
I laid a back bet on a horse in the place market. The price dropped but I didn't expect the horse to place and traded out by greening up in running at a lower price. When I checked the profit and loss the result was £0.00. It should have been £4.74. What went wrong.
Any help appreciated, I have a feeling I've done something wrong but don't know what.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Your back and lay bets were for the same amount meaning you had just 'closed the trade' and not greened up,
So you would of been paid only if that runner was placed

To enable greening do the following
Ladder screen = uncross scales icon
One click screen = tick the 'Greening' box above the Trade Profit column
adhuk

Thank for that. I had indeed inadvertently unticked that greening up box....DOH!!!

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”