Explanation Required - Betfair and Horse Racing

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
oliver123

I have been on Betfair since 2006 and I thought I knew everything one needed to know. However . . .

Well, I thought I knew most of what happens in horse racing on Betfair but once again yesterday (it had happened before) I was watching the 2:25 race at Newbury on Racing UK. And as usual I was lining up to 'snipe' the winner. Defoe, the short-priced favourite, won the race and I was celebrating an £85.00 win. And once again (it happened earlier this year with me) there was a stewards enquiry as it was stated that Defoe had crossed the path of Wall of Fire and would probably ruled be to have lost the race due to this infringement. This happened with about a half-furlong to go.

Okay, earlier this year the same thing happened, I was sniping the winner with a back stake of £300. There was a stewards enquiry and the 'winner' was disqualified. And here is the point. Betfair took my £300.00 because my winner was disqualified. To say I was pissed off is an understatement. Hang on, Betfair is not a traditional bookies. You are 'betting' against other punters, aren't you? If a horse wins the race that should be it. For me, Betfair has no right to keep my money if a horse is disqualified. It's my money against somebody else's money. Anyway, Defoe was deemed to have won the race fair and square. But it leaves a sour taste in the mouth that some man, sitting in a 'box' on the circuit could basically dictate to Betfair!!

Any explanations?
threedogs

Damn good point this has happened to me too and I would also like answers please ..
LinusP

If a team or competitor is disqualified, withdraws or forfeits after starting an event they will be deemed a loser providing at least one other team or competitor completes the event. If no team or competitor completes an event (having started) then all bets will be void except for bets on any markets which have been unconditionally determined.
http://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Rules.and.Regulations/

Betfair didn't 'take' your money.
Last edited by LinusP on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megarain

Defoe was not disqualified.

But, your 'snipe' on him, had the possibility of it being DQ, was built in .. which is why, u got a decent price.

Grow up.
oliver123

Oh don't worry my friend. This 'grow up' chap's Betfair account ended with £376.00 in profit. Maybe you should grow down and let it be!! Or are you a f***ing loser????
spreadbetting

You've been on since 2006 and still don't realise you're betting against other punters, where did you think the punter who laid your £300 was going to get his bet back from. Good to see you're still winning as usual despite not being clued up with how the exchange works, Oscar.
LinusP

oliver123 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:45 pm
Oh don't worry my friend. This 'grow up' chap's Betfair account ended with £376.00 in profit. Maybe you should grow down and let it be!! Or are you a f***ing loser????
So what exactly is the point of this thread then?
Naffman

This is surely a joke?
oliver123

This and above is the reasons I do waver in contributing to this forum. There is so much negativity and from a psychologist point of view the arses who post negative comments are usually losers. Be Like me and win!! If you can hack it. 16:34pm and already up £134.00!!
spreadbetting

Only £134! you disappoint me, Oscar.
megarain

yeah, its been a struggle.
pl3mths.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oliver123

No I don't wanna disappoint you (check spelling). Here's what I dd today: Love it or despise it . . . . facts:
profit.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Hopefully you'll be back on form tomorrow then, Oscar.
LeTiss

Why are you always so confrontational Oscar?
Freepunt

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:03 pm
Why are you always so confrontational Oscar?
He came on here, asked a question and was told to grow up.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”