Betangel trial simulate mode

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
FIURE

Hi, I used a while ago trial version of Betangel Professional, but I could not train with enough to dare to invest real money

I would like to know if offer license trial, but only for simulated mode indefinitely, and that when you want to use the live version, have to pay your license.

That way you can train with the program without any pressure
ruthlessimon

So long as you regularly (every other day) do a £5 trade on a very short footy match (1.1 - 1.3). I think that comes to 3p - 5p, which totals to just under 20p a week (& don't abuse the data feed - i.e. scalping) you should be fine :)
BetScalper

BF are clamping down on simulated mode even if you do place the odd real trade. Many have already had their accounts restricted/frozen with a demand for £299 to get them unrestricted etc. It seems PaddyPower is getting tough with BF's previous business model.
ruthlessimon

That's an interesting dilemma though. If it's a one time fee (which I think it is). If you blow more than £300 in the markets - & don't learn anything from it - it's a better trade to bite the bullet pay the £300 & learn your craft fulltime on the sim. The psychological aspect can be built once you are confident with your market reading. No point having good psychology, without a good edge. A trader with poor psychology should still be a net winner if he has an objective approach.

I really feel sorry for people like Korattt, who took the advice to go live too early & he's lost 5figures :(
Euler

FIURE wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:36 pm
Hi, I used a while ago trial version of Betangel Professional, but I could not train with enough to dare to invest real money

I would like to know if offer license trial, but only for simulated mode indefinitely, and that when you want to use the live version, have to pay your license.

That way you can train with the program without any pressure
Betfair wouldn't allow it as discussed so it's not something we have ever considered. That aside it's so much better to use real money in the market no matter how small as it offers a true representation of the market.
ShaunWhite

So you want free software and free simulated use of a live exchange for as long as it takes for you to become competent?
Wow, the amount of free stuff on the internet really does give people an unreasonable expection that everything should be free. Remember programmers need to eat and businesses need to pay the rent.

Learning to trade will require you to invest money, probably 4 figures, so you need to get used to that idea as being tight-fisted will be a massive hinderance to you. You'll need to be putting hundereds of pounds down on the table and at the moment you do, at the mercy of the ISPs, it's gone, and the game is to get it back. I'm not saying you need to be wasteful and reckless, but you do need to be prepared to speculate to accumulate.

But, if you really don't think the software or BF is good enough to deserve the price of a couple of cups of coffee a week, then I wish you luck finding anything even half as good for less.
FIURE

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:18 pm
So you want free software and free simulated use of a live exchange for as long as it takes for you to become competent?
Wow, the amount of free stuff on the internet really does give people an unreasonable expection that everything should be free. Remember programmers need to eat and businesses need to pay the rent.

Learning to trade will require you to invest money, probably 4 figures, so you need to get used to that idea as being tight-fisted will be a massive hinderance to you. You'll need to be putting hundereds of pounds down on the table and at the moment you do, at the mercy of the ISPs, it's gone, and the game is to get it back. I'm not saying you need to be wasteful and reckless, but you do need to be prepared to speculate to accumulate.

But, if you really don't think the software or BF is good enough to deserve the price of a couple of cups of coffee a week, then I wish you luck finding anything even half as good for less.
I agree with you, but only said, that 14 days seem to me few to use the license trial, and be able to practice with different strategies, and I speak of the mode "practice mode" only
FIURE

The software is worth that money and much more, I just talk that maybe 14 days are not enough to practice the different strategies available

Sorry if I offended anyone
Dallas

Practice mode is really only to familiarise yourself with the software so you can freely click around and see what everything does risk free, soon as you know how it works and what your doing you should be going into live mode, its impossible to test if a strategy is profitable in practice mode. As Euler said above live mode with small stakes is the only way to find out if a strategy will work
FIURE

Dallas wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:50 pm
Practice mode is really only to familiarise yourself with the software so you can freely click around and see what everything does risk free, soon as you know how it works and what your doing you should be going into live mode, its impossible to test if a strategy is profitable in practice mode. As Euler said above live mode with small stakes is the only way to find out if a strategy will work
Thank you very much for your answer
ShaunWhite

FIURE wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:42 pm
I agree with you, but only said, that 14 days seem to me few to use the license trial, and be able to practice with different strategies, and I speak of the mode "practice mode" only
I'm not speaking for BA but my underdstanding is that 'Trial mode' software is for you to learn how to use it's features, not to become effective in their use. It would be like having a trial word processor and expecting to be able to use it until you wrote a best selling novel. I'd have thought that 14 days would be long enough for most people to figure out what happens when you press the buttons.

You can test most strategies with tiny stakes and not spend more than about a fiver a week even if they're terrible. Live doesn't have to mean expensive. Some people instantly start chasing losses or want to be Charlie big potatoes and lose a heap of money.
ShaunWhite

opps, Dallas beat me to it.
mjmorris335

"Charlie big potatoes"

Now that's funny. Censored or not...

Mike

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”