Multiple Markets Template

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
firlandsfarm

Hi all, I may be biting off more than I can chew for my first attempt at using the Excel facility in anger but I just want to check for confirmation that what I want to achieve is possible without any complicated VB code etc. before investing the time and find I'm going down a cul-de-sac! I want add every UK and Ireland horse race win and place market to Guardian and connect to Excel to perform comparisons/calculations and place bets. The comparisons/calculations would be the same for each market (except for slighly different criteria which can be programmed into the non-Guardian cells.

So my initial thoughts are ...

As all bets will be placed in the last minute before the off and will be at current market price with persistence at the off selected to taking SP if unmatched then once the bet is placed Excel can move on to the next market so ... is it possible to open the single sheet workbook, link each market to it and have it cycle through the markets, switching to the next market immediately after the bets on the current market have been placed or would I need to use the Multiple Sheet Workbook and link each market to a separate worksheet (being an identical copy of all other sheets).

If it is the Multiple Sheet Workbook route can I set up my own Multiple Sheet Workbook template by entering my cell formulae and comparisons into one worksheet and just copying it as many times as I need and saving it as a new workbook of template sheets and just attach a market to each sheet every morning?

I don't want to have to sit by the computer all afternoon and evening nor do I want to do a load of copying/pasting every morning, I want to make it as easy as possible to set up each day.

A little guidance from an experienced user would be very welcome. :) Thank you.

Farmer

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”