Recording excel data

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
conorm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew where there was something that I could use to record data for events where there are more than 30 runnersthe only spreadsheet I currently have is the BetAngel_Record_datav2 but it stops at 30. I've tried to modify it but am having problems as the cells aren;t copying and pasting correctly and for example when I say ='Bet Angel'!B80 expecting it to copy across a name or the relevent info it just says ='Bet Angel'!B80?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
conorm

Hi everyone, still can't figure it out when I type ='Bet Angel'!B80 into one of my back sheets it just says that even though it should read the runners name? Is there something else you have to do to format the cell when your copying text and not numbers?

Many thanks
TheTub

That is an Excel bug from what I remember. Right click on the cell and format it as 'general'. Then press F2.

That will force Excel to see it as a formula and you should be able to carry on.
conorm

Hi Tub, thanks a lot for that it worked a treat. One other thing if any one knows the answer. I've created a spread sheet with various formulas and it displays all the correct answers, but if I want to transfer chunks of that data onto another sheet, it copies across the formulas and not the text and numbers that are displaying in the cells so quite a lot of the information is either wrong or gives back an error. Is there any way to just copy across what you see on the screen onto a completely new spreadsheet as supposed to all the stuff and formulas in the background?

Thanks
TheTub

Select the data you want to copy. Right click and select 'Copy'

Then move to the other sheet. Right click and select 'Paste special' and paste just the values.
conorm

Again thanks tub, your a big help. The last one I now want to produce a combo box that ranks the horses in order according to their price lowest first so if there were four horses with prices 1.5, 2, 3, 4 Is there any way I can get them to list in that order with the corresponding rank alongside them?
TheTub

That is a lot more involved than a quick post on here can explain.

You'll need to find some way of sorting into price order in your sheet and then linking your drop down box to the cells where you have placed them in order.

I think there is a sheet in the examples section that sorts into price order. If not, it shouldn't be too difficult to do it if you know a little about Excel.
speakers

Hi there,

This is probably fairly simple but I have never been able to download the Betfair P&L to Excel and get the sheet to recognise the P&L figures as numbers.
I note a response above says format the cells as general and press F2 but when highlighting the whole column and trying this it only affects one cell. Do I have to "F2" each and every cell with a figure in it to enable Excel to see them as numbers? I have 41 pages of results to go through so I may be retired before I get through them!

Thanks in advance.
EyePeaSea

Hi,

If you're using Excel 2010 (and possibly 2007), you might need to 'enable editing' when you first open the downloaded file from BF. Then just highlight the P&L and click on the yellow warning icon that should appear at the top or bottom of the range and then select 'Convert to number'.

Hope that helps

Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
speakers

Thank you very much for your extremely helpful answer. Sorted!
LinusP

Out of interest why do you have them in separate files? Why not download all of them in one from betfair?
speakers

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. The downloaded P&L looks exactly like the screen shot EyePeaSea posted.
LinusP

Ignore me, I thought you wrote sheets instead of pages.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”