Horse Racing Pre Play
32%
Tennis
13%
Other
5%

Total votes: 143
Dublin_Flyer

Didn't vote Other but had a look at the market during the Dereck Chisora v Dillian Whyte fight on the Anthony Joshua undercard a while back. Evenly matched boxers in highly promoted fights makes for good liquidity and big swings. If anyone remembers the fight, they pummeled the absolute crap out of each other for 12 rounds and it was a split decision, great fight!
marksmeets302

I like the ones around elections. Very slow, just have to look once or twice per day.
trader44

racing and boxing for me :D
Naffman

trader44 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:20 pm
racing and boxing for me :D
Exactly the same for me too :)

If you do your research there's a lot of value in most markets in boxing.
Angelbaby

Very new to the site, tried pre racing and tennis.

I think due to tennis trader showing me my potential loss and potential reward this makes logical sense to me . And allows me to feel comfortable with what I am doing. The almost fixed reward versus loss fits well with my current skillset of a professional poker background

I have found racing a bit quick for me. Seem to call it right in my own head only to miss the move. Could be a bit of investment paralysis or maybe my brain cant quite get upto speed yet.

Tennis gets my vote so far
ShaunWhite

NBA for me.
Big swings, large volumes, mechanical market, great tv coverage, decent games almost everyday, stats easily available, doesn't waste any precious winter daylight. Up 13/14 so far in Nov.
What's not to like.
Kafkaesque

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:27 pm
NBA for me.
Big swings, large volumes, mechanical market, great tv coverage, decent games almost everyday, stats easily available, doesn't waste any precious winter daylight. Up 13/14 so far in Nov.
What's not to like.
Heard good things about trading the NBA before. In-play I assume?

I would have thought, however, that it would be a market type where people with a time edge would be able to skin you from time to time? How close are live feeds from whereever you use to the actual live time?
ShaunWhite

They seem to be about 3 secs usually. It's not the type of thing where you can beat the time lag.

I'll give you an example tho, last night, in a 48min game where each side regularly score 100.
Favs started @ 1.2, 3 minutes into the game the underdogs were 3 points up....the odds of the fav were 1.33.

2 mins from the end the favs were just 6 points up and were as low as 1.04. This is in a game where you can score 4 points in one move and they make 5 seconds last an eternity. The team who were behind scored a 3 pointer and the odds went to 1.7. It's nuts.

At the end of the first quarter, the teams came off, the ref said there'd been a clock error...and everyone came back on to play the missing time... 1.8s ! :)

What's not to like.....the SQUEEKY SHOES. :x
Kafkaesque

Really good stuff. May have to look into it :)

Each to his own I guess! For some reason, I've always rather liked the shoe sounds. As close as I'll be able to an explanation is probably that I like the hussle it represents, and makes me feel a bit, however little, like being right there, more than any other televised sport does :roll:
ShaunWhite

I know what you mean, it's very involving and the access the media get is amazing too. Where else do you hear the manager talking to the players in timeouts? Unless we get 'The Andy Murray Dance Troop" between sets, it wins hands down over tennis. It suits my body clock too, my winter schedule is to work from 12ish till 4ish at both ends of the day.
ShaunWhite

That's odd. The posting above just showed as a new one but I posted it in mid November.
Kafkaesque

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:32 am
That's odd. The posting above just showed as a new one but I posted it in mid November.
I remember reading it back then, so I can confirm that you're not having a "senior moment" :lol:
ShaunWhite

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:14 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
I remember reading it back then, so I can confirm that you're not having a "senior moment" :lol:
...said the guy called Kafka but who looks like Salvador Dali... whooa ..maybe it's all an Alduos Huxley moment rather than a senior one :)
Kafkaesque

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 am
Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:14 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
...said the guy called Kafka but who looks like Salvador Dali... whooa ..maybe it's all an Alduos Huxley moment rather than a senior one :)
References Kafka, Dali and then Huxley to boot.......you wouldn't happen to have a hot sister, who also thinks along those line, that I can date? :lol:
Dallas

Thought this was worth a quick bump for anyone whos not seen/voted

Return to “General discussion”