Busy Saturday

A place to discuss anything.
elizabeth57

Just wondering on a busy saturday how do you decide which meetings to trade. I have been trying to look at every race on a saturday not necerssarily to trade every race. But i feel maybe i would get more out of the day if i was selective. Maybe trade just uk races and leave the irish ones alone. Then i have this fomo (fear of missing out) and start looking at everything. I suppose this type of integrity comes with experience,and knowing which races to leave alone? Have a great day everyone !
Dallas

You would normally want to pick out the better quality meeting/races which usually means dropping the irish, or if you have a specific strategy you prefere then look for the types that will suit that.
ie, if your predominately a swing trader and/or prefer more volatile markets there is no point in looking at the feature group races.

What is important is that you are aware of the other races finishing around the one your looking at.
threedogs

I like to do as many races as I can which for me means making more money as long as I can carry on winning more times thn losing
iambic_pentameter

I think once you understand how different races trade i.e. a maiden will trade differently from a competitive handicap, you should work on the basis of 'less is more'

The challenge with trying to trade every single race is that it's hard work and you run the risk of getting tired, and potentially undoing all your good work later in the day.

A good starting point would be to look at races with less than 6 runners and just watch how the runners prices interact with each other in the last 10 minutes.

And remember, if you are struggling to find a trade in a race, remember this simple rule:

"If in doubt, stay out"

Over-trading can empty your bank account very quickly :D
Euler

Only five-minute gaps, means we need the racing to go off on time for a decent trade to come out of any of the races.
bennyboy351

Over-trading can empty your bank account very quickly :D
[/quote]

You can say that again! :oops:
Euler

Ripon will be tricky

Return to “General discussion”