Melbourne Cup 2013 - Ante-Post Tip: 'Puissance De Lune'

Zenyatta

I like the look of the Melbourne Cup this year, I have one runner in mind at what I think are value odds at this point, I'm prepared to take a huge long-range ante-post gamble on this one.

'Puissance De Lune' (literally 'Power of Moon'), a grey horse, was an import of French origin that was the early Melbourne Cup favourite on the back of a couple of impressive results in lesser company in Australia, culminating in the 2012 'VRC Queen Elizabeth Stakes'. Video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnWRu1KnBUg

The price was not good at this point, as the media had over-hyped the horse. Upon stepping up to top-grade (Group 1) company this season, the horse still put in good runs, but was a little disappointing, not quite finishing its races off. Subsequently, doubts have been expressed, and its price has drifted out...of course, now is precisely the time to get on!

Go back to the video of the VRC Queen Elizabeth Stakes. That was a staying race over 2500m, yet the horse clearly still had a penetrating sprint at the very end. This on the Flemington race track, where the Melbourne Cup will be run. Bottom line: Ignore the doubters, it can win the Melbourne Cup.

I'm prepared to take a huge wager on 'Puissance De Lune' as a straight back bet to win the Melbourne Cup, currently trading at 11.0 on Betfair.
Zenyatta

Note: Rank outsider won the Cox plate and 'Puissance De Lune' came near last and pulled up lame. It's out of the Melbourne Cup. Good illustration of the perils of ante-post betting.

Return to “Australian”