Major Problem when cancelling bets

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
buyshirts

Rather than just cancelling it the software tries to close the trade.
Market: Australia v England "in-running"
Settings: Offset bet with greening
Offset: 1
Place fill or kill yes
Seconds delay 99999

I think i know what the problem is.

If you have the above settings and have say £100 back @ the price of 2 and the market is 1.80-81 and then amend the amount to £50 everything is fine until you try and then cancel this bet. So even though nothing has traded of the original bet what it does is puts a lay bet in the market at 1 tick down from the 2 for £50 plus the small loss amount.

Im using the server version at the moment but it has also happened when i was using the normal version of Bet Angel Pro.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The fill or kill routine uses the amount cancelled feedback from betfair to calculate the offset amount, so your earlier bet size reduction has confused the process.

We don't support the modification of bets with active global settings. To avoid this from happening, you need to cancel the original bet entirely and place a new £50 bet with the required global settings. I'll ask development to see if they can disable the stake field of an unmatched bet when fill or kill is active.
buyshirts

OK thanks for your reply
markjacks

disable the stake field of an unmatched bet when fill or kill is active.
Count me in on that please. I think a lot of users will be able to benefit from that if ever it gets implemented or at least considered.
buyshirts

I have forgotten this problem still existed. Is there any chance you can sort it in next update?

Return to “Support”