Ladder money in front of me

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
richbeales

Hi,
I'm new to this, but have used other software before, and I like the feature where I can see how much money is in front of me on the ladder. e.g. there might be £2000 total backing at a certain price, say I placed a £2 bet 1 minute ago, and on other software I can see in a ladder column that there's £53 left before my £2 gets matched. Is there any way to display this information on BetAngel?
Thanks
Dallas

Top two posts of this thread answer your question
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=15061&start=216
Derek27

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the comments in the other thread. I've used trading software with PIQ (position in queue) for a couple of years. It's not 100% accurate but I would describe it as fairly accurate. It's certainly not a gimmick or unreliable.

The main problem with PIQ is that if somebody puts money on the queue at the same time as you within your refresh rate, as far as I know the software will have absolutely no way of knowing whose bet got onto the exchange first and takes a conservative view that you were last. My money gets matched earlier than expected far more often than later. I would have thought the faster refresh rates with streaming would reduce the inaccuracies. I don't think cross-matching has much impact on horse racing markets as far as PIQ is concerned.

I don't trade anything other than horse racing so I don't know how accurate it would be on football or tennis, where I would expect a lot more cross-matching.

Edit: another inaccuracy is cancelled bets. I don't think there's any way of knowing if the cancelled money was in front or behind you.
Last edited by Derek27 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:29 pm
I don't trade anything other than horse racing so I don't know how accurate it would be on football or tennis, where I would expect a lot more cross-matching.
'a lot more cross-matching' ? It's either on or off, and for horse racing it's very much on.
Derek27

I'm talking about bets that are taken as a result of cross-matching, and the effect it will have on PIQ.

In a tennis match a much larger percentage of bets will be cross-matched compared to a 20 runner handicap with a back overround of 103% and a lay overround of 97%.
richbeales

I would argue that even if it's not completely accurate it would affect my behaviour if I knew there was £5 in front of my money vs if there was £2000

Return to “Support”