BITCOIN as an alternative to regular currency

steven1976

It's not the end of the world for me but it's more the fact that a clear fraud has taken place and there is no way of it being investigated across borders and the banks, police etc are more interested in doing nothing rather than investigating the account holder.

You can imagine how easy this scam is to pull off in big companies with lots of departments. When I advised to customers that we would not be changing any account details to previous, I found out one of my customers in Belgium had been done on the same scam last year.

I'm surrounded by scammers living in BKK with it being one of the boiler room capitals and therefore try to be on my guard but just goes to show anyone can be vunerable.
convoysur-2

Its horrible getting ripped off.
i had a problem last week,
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=12030
but i was lucky i got it in time,
added 2 step authentication to every thing,and changed every thing,nothing is like it was last week.
security is no 1 with me now,
Marc
Euler

Heading back towards highs recently
weemac

Soaring to over $1,000.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Within touching distance of gold
Dallas

Crazy how 2 mths ago Gold was around double the price of Bitcoin, not sure whats caused this steep increase
gazuty

Dallas wrote:Crazy how 2 mths ago Gold was around double the price of Bitcoin, not sure whats caused this steep increase
That's when I went long gold for 2% of my portfolio. I should publish my trades in advance - when I jump on it's time to jump off.
convoysur-2

worth a watch...
Documentry .
Banking on Bitcoin,
http://yify.tv/watch-banking-on-bitcoin ... free-yify/
Euler

Lost 30% of its value in a matter of days. Highly speculative, worse than a seller on a Wednesday evening at Kempton.
spiz0r

Chinese authoroties (PBOC) started to investigate the leading bitcoin exchanges. They want to regulate the bitcoin trading. The quick price drop might be a reaction for that. There is also a rumor that the exchanges manipulate the price.
Yesterday PBOC visited Bitcoin China, I am really curious what will they find there.
marksmeets302

Lost 30% of its value in a matter of days. Highly speculative, worse than a seller on a Wednesday evening at Kempton.
about 3 years ago I deployed a bot that used a rebalancing technique for trading bitcoin. It thrived on volatility, and made quite a bit of money. What's holding me back this time is that you have to park your money and bitcoins at an exchange - the weakest point in the bitcoin scheme. Either they get hacked or the exchanges ceo decides to pay for hookers with your bitcoins (I'm still waiting to get some of my money back from the mtgox fiasco). On top of that, if you ever deposit or withdraw money from a bitcoin exchange, you'll be flagged by the tax administration. No problem if you haven't done anything wrong but it means you'll be audited more often. Worse, at least here in the Netherlands, if they think you are involved in money laundering *you* have to prove that isn't the case.

Hmm. I think I've just convinced myself to stick with financial and betting markets.
Euler

Good point. It's probably only useful for people who never intend to leave the system.
Dallas

A unit of Bitcoin exceeds value of an ounce of gold
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39149475
Euler

Bitcoin and particularly blockchain tech feels like a place I should be but it also feels like the wild west.
spreadbetting

Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:28 am
Bitcoin and particularly blockchain tech feels like a place I should be but it also feels like the wild west.
I thought the same ,being a bit of a tech geek thought it was about time I knew how it all works. I only started looking a couple of weeks ago and the price has already risen around 20% all speculated on whether the authorities allow an ETF to go ahead. They've been delaying the decision for a long time and now has to be made by 11 march so that'll be a big make or break for bitcoins.

It's a lot harder to get your hands on reasonable amounts than you'd think too. Obviously that's a big bonus for anyone who can as you pretty much set your own sale price. Downside is most banks see it as a currency for criminals and most likely shut your account if your volume is high. Worth looking into though as the hype and reality are chalk and cheese.

Return to “Cryptocurrency”