Independant rules

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
magwitch78

Does anyone have an idea if the following is possible..?

I want to have two rules that are completely independant of each other. So when one rule is re arming (on the condition there's no unmatched bets from current rule) it ignores the unmatched bets from a different rule. Is there any way of doing this?
Euler

You could use signal's to indicate the condition on rule one has been met and therefore allowing rule two to become active.
magwitch78

Euler wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:03 pm
You could use signal's to indicate the condition on rule one has been met and therefore allowing rule two to become active.
It seems what I want to do is impossible Peter. Cant find a solution anywhere. I want the second rule active at the same time as the first rule.. they have no relation to each other.
example. rule 1 - Back bet on selection with offset
rule 2 - Lay bet on same selection with offset

both rules are several ticks outside of the current trading range. When rule one or two is met i want it to re arm on the condition that there are no unmatched bets FOR THAT PARTICULAR RULE... so ignoring bets unmatched from the other rule. hope this makes sense. As i say ive asked various people on here and there doesnt seem to be a way of doing it. If anyone could help me out by posting here or DM I would be very grateful. cheers
mcgoo

Yeah , would be great to have .. rule X number of runs is >0, for example..
.....or while I think about it...number of Lay matched is > X vs number of Back matched is >X (i.e. Back vs Lay matched differentiated) :D ..suggestion box entries
sionascaig

magwitch78 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:28 pm
Does anyone have an idea if the following is possible..?

I want to have two rules that are completely independant of each other. So when one rule is re arming (on the condition there's no unmatched bets from current rule) it ignores the unmatched bets from a different rule. Is there any way of doing this?
The nearest I have come to this is:

Rule 1: Back Bet: Rearms 2 secs after fill / kill expires
Rule 2: Lay Bet: Rearms 2 secs after fill / kill expires

Both rules contain the condition:

- Close Trade Profit when "the selections" trading profit is greater than (negative) 0.01

I think it will meet you needs most of the times however if one of your offset bets isn't matched both rules will not fire until selection trade is in profit.
magwitch78

mcgoo wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 am
.....or while I think about it...number of Lay matched is > X vs number of Back matched is >X (i.e. Back vs Lay matched differentiated) :D ..suggestion box entries
only just seeing this. thanks for your reply. I will give this a try. Just to clarify.. the 2 second rearm... is that a fill or kill condition for each rule i.e time the selection as contained a fill or kill bet?
sionascaig

magwitch78 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:39 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 am
only just seeing this. thanks for your reply. I will give this a try. Just to clarify.. the 2 second rearm... is that a fill or kill condition for each rule i.e time the selection as contained a fill or kill bet?
Its the rearm on the "general" tab. You need to set this for both your rules as outlined, e.g.

==> Allow the rule to trigger up to "x" times, Wait "y" seconds before rearming...

The "y" setting needs to be greater than the time set for the fill/kill delay. In my case I set it to 2 seconds greater than the fill/kill delay as this works well for how I've set up guardian.

==> So both your back & lay bets should fire at same time
==> If neither gets matched during the fill/kill delay, then another back / lay is fired when the rules rearm (2 secs after fill/kill expiry)

==> If one or both your rules are matched you will be in a profit/loss situation so the rules will not fire again until you are in profit (you need to set the profit condition for this to work!)

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”