New Trader cutting teeth...

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Peeps

Hi all. I'm new to Bet Angel, trading and indeed sports betting. I know almost nothing about football or indeed any other sport. :D . Today was my first day of placing live bets and I am only using very small stakes and I am exploring the Dutching tool in Bet Angel Trader. I think it's brilliant!

My total stake is only £10 at the moment which means that some parts of the total bet submitted are below the Betfair minimum of £2 .... Bet Angel does the bet submission and so magically gets these tiny stakes submitted ... Does anhyone know if Betfair will ban me because I am submitting bets that are too small? How long do I have before I should bump up the Stake total so that none of the parts are less than the minimum? :?:

Because the Dutching tool makes it easy for you to cover all the options and practically ensure a positive outcome, it seems possible to get fairly consistent returns. Won't Betfair get fed up with me and ban me if I win all the time ... even though it's only very small amounts? :|

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. :P
Dallas

Betfair dont care how often you win as your betting against other people and not against them they just take a commission from all winning bets - they actually want you to win as the more you win the more your commission will rise.

The £2 rule is only for bets placed via there website, i have never heard of anyone who has been banned for using sub £2 stakes
LeTiss

Dallas wrote:Betfair dont care how often you win as your betting against other people and not against them they just take a commission from all winning bets - they actually want you to win as the more you win the more your commission will rise.

The £2 rule is only for bets placed via there website, i have never heard of anyone who has been banned for using sub £2 stakes
Actually, I remember a poster on this forum receiving an email from BF warning them about placing too many tiny stakes. That was a few years back though, and I've not heard any other stories

Good luck Peeps btw

You'll notice from many threads on this forum - the first object is to not lose money! You will have some markets that don't go according to plan, and you'll end up making a loss. Whatever you do, don't try and fight those losses by gambling to win those amounts back - it's where the slippery slope starts for many

Also, if you're Dutching and Bookmaking football matches, just a quick piece of advice

If you're backing 3 selections (I'm using Italy vs Norway prices as I speak)
1.98 - 4.8 - 3.6 and your stakes were £10
1.98 = £5.10
4.8 = £2.10
3.6 = £2.80

If you get 2 matched, but the other one doesn't. You can see on the ladder screen the figures that you can trade out on the 2 matched selections. However, invariably it's better to simply back the 3rd selection at a different price to the one you originally asked for - this is why BA have a setting where n/a will appear on the trade profit column when Dutching or Bookmaking
andyfuller

Dallas wrote:Betfair dont care how often you win as your betting against other people and not against them they just take a commission from all winning bets - they actually want you to win as the more you win the more your commission will rise.
They also want you to lose. They ideally want you to win and lose in equal amounts so everytime the money passes from one person to the next they take a cut. Eventually in an ideal world it will all end up in their pocket.

What they dislike is people winning and taking the money out of the ecosystem as they then have to attract new money in which costs them money and was the justification for the Premium Charge.

But you are quite right they won't ban you for winning.
Peeps

Thanks for your feedback Dallas, andyfuller, LeTiss. Your advice is much appreciated & I'll take note. :D

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”