Find the Gap Guardian Automation Bot for Greyhounds

Dallas

nick11 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:04 pm
Have loaded the bot but unsure how to: ignore races which have an odds on favourite.

What settings please?

TY
Add the following condition

Fixed odds condition
Nominated 'By Position (sorted in order of favourtism) 1'
Back price
is 'Greater' than 2.0
nick11

TY
ShaunWhite

djc7869 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:07 pm
I've literally spent the entire weekend tinkering with your bots and reading, reading and more reading!
Literally the entire weekend eh ? You'll find many many people spend months if not years trying to create a sucessful bots. Be prepared to put in a lot more effort. I'm genuinely not being critical of what you're doing, just trying to give you some realisic expectations. An 'entire weekend' spent learning is a drop in the ocean.
jimibt

shaun, i agree wholeheartedly. i often find myself at the mercy of my family whilst tinkering on some rule or other on a saturday afternoon (friday evening, tuesday morning - delete as appropriate :)) and have found that i must still be clocking up 3-4 hours a day just filtering the margins of what i believe my little rule bag is capable of doing. as with everything of course, you then revert back to an OLD version of your rule (that's been tweaked a million times), only to find that it actually had been heading in a better direction. v1.999 is therefore born and so the process reboots yet again -lol

so yeah, a weekend is a worthy effort and is in many ways indicative of the path that lies before you. if truth be told, i've learnt far more from observing rules that have suddenly stopped working after weeks, than i have on eureka rules that just work thro' sorcery and catweazel trickery...
ShaunWhite

hehe "catweazel" you're showing your age jim
jaketarn

I'm trying to use the Historic Relative Odds condition to one of my rules. Don't know whats happened but below is what it looks like and it has applied itself like this to my other bots. It's even happening when I create another from scratch. I'm on ! have the latest version of bet angel. Any ideas anyone?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

jaketarn wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:35 pm
I'm trying to use the Historic Relative Odds condition to one of my rules. Don't know whats happened but below is what it looks like and it has applied itself like this to my other bots. It's even happening when I create another from scratch. I'm on ! have the latest version of bet angel. Any ideas anyone?
Just restart BA it will sort itself out
jaketarn

Thanks for that Dallas.
Gonzothegreat

Hello,

newbie here, (trying to get his head around this bot).
Everything I'm doing is in Practice Mode as I'm learning, if you set your liability let say to £5 (example), would the bot green out or close the trades when all the lay bets are above the liability?
Or is there a rule I can set to stop the bot from going further in this market?

Also, looking at the log window, I do see a lot of "Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market"
I've read the doc at https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/the_log_file.html
I never see the following in the log: "Fully matched at "
But at the end, green up 3/3.
I'm slightly confused there...

One last question for now (more to come as I progress), I do see in the Matched Bets window in Guardian a few bets.
Sometimes it's 3 back and 2 lay or 1 back and 3 lay (examples).
Does that mean in the above two examples I would have placed 5 bets and 4 bets in total?

Regards
Stephane
Dallas

Gonzothegreat wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:20 pm
Hello,

newbie here, (trying to get his head around this bot).
Everything I'm doing is in Practice Mode as I'm learning, if you set your liability let say to £5 (example), would the bot green out or close the trades when all the lay bets are above the liability?
Or is there a rule I can set to stop the bot from going further in this market?

Also, looking at the log window, I do see a lot of "Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market"
I've read the doc at https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/the_log_file.html
I never see the following in the log: "Fully matched at "
But at the end, green up 3/3.
I'm slightly confused there...

One last question for now (more to come as I progress), I do see in the Matched Bets window in Guardian a few bets.
Sometimes it's 3 back and 2 lay or 1 back and 3 lay (examples).
Does that mean in the above two examples I would have placed 5 bets and 4 bets in total?

Regards
Stephane
It can be edited to do more or less anything you wanted, the way its currently set it will stop once a back and lay have been matched then green up just before the off.

The log only records what happens when a bet reaches the market, so if not matched instantly it will always show as 'fully unmatched when it reached the market' (this bot will always show that in the log because it offers rather than takes a price)
Gonzothegreat

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, much appreciated.
Yes I had a look at the rules, you can add/remove quite a lot (which means: lots to learn to find out what does what...).

I'm sure I will have more questions at some point.
Dallas

Gonzothegreat wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:37 pm
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, much appreciated.
Yes I had a look at the rules, you can add/remove quite a lot (which means: lots to learn to find out what does what...).

I'm sure I will have more questions at some point.
No probs, each of the bots in the shared files section try to demonstrate different options of the automation and ways to set up and use them, if you have any questions relating to any just do as you have done here and pop it on the end of the thread
Gonzothegreat

Dallas wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:34 pm

It can be edited to do more or less anything you wanted, the way its currently set it will stop once a back and lay have been matched then green up just before the off.
I have noticed that if the liability for the lay bets is above your threshold from the general settings, it will green out with a back bet only.
Which rule could I possibly use/set so that the bot does not green out at all if only 1 back and 0 lay condition occurs please?
Dallas

Gonzothegreat wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:55 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:34 pm

I have noticed that if the liability for the lay bets is above your threshold from the general settings, it will green out with a back bet only.
Which rule could I possibly use/set so that the bot does not green out at all if only 1 back and 0 lay condition occurs please?
On the green up rule adding the condition 'Amount of matched bets condition' - selections lay bets are equal to following fixed amount £0 will do that. Though im not sure why you would need to in the situation you have described above as it wont be greening anyway if the liability is exceeded
Gonzothegreat

Thanks, I shall try this.
I'm not sure either why it greened out despite not having a matched back/lay.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”