Technical Analysis & Indicators

The sport of kings.
sa7med

Curious how well these work on betfair. I know that sports markets are different from financial markets, ie timespan, discrete vs continuous pricing, etc. Anyone had extensive experience using? Which work the best? Which don't work so well. Has anyone done some longterm studies on these?
seanmac

If you have the time, watch the movie "The Mechanic". You'll be surprised!
Euler

sa7med wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:50 pm
Curious how well these work on betfair. I know that sports markets are different from financial markets, ie timespan, discrete vs continuous pricing, etc. Anyone had extensive experience using? Which work the best? Which don't work so well. Has anyone done some longterm studies on these?
The limited time scales on sports markets make them behave a bit different to financials. Over the very short term volatility behaves in a similar manner but on medium to long term timescales they have a tendency to revert to mean as all prices are related.
seanmac

the 3 latin words "Amat Victoria Curam" are engraved on the gun in the movie.

on the other side are the words Victory Loves Preparation.

It applies to this space.

i am looking at some technical indicators at this very moment.

1 horse 1 race ... 10000 odd lines of data to start with. How do you catch your data .... fast or slow?

Sometimes off the shelf excel package is very slow .... it's in the VBA coding I suspect. A simple fix there is.

Money flow first.

Shave back, external data / internal metrics etc etc.and generate trades in and out ..... slippage?

Initial stage interesting results.

Excel and VBA skills a must. If not , can outsource .... but at what cost?

Do It Yourself is time consuming, but invaluable in getting better insights into the markets forming and the ebbs and flows following.

Watching races and looking at the BA internal graphs could be another way.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”