Australian racing

The sport of kings.
blueport

Mackay R3 today jumps 3 minutes early. Fail.
gazuty

Some very strange occurrences in Aust racing at the moment.

Take today. Already $64000 :shock: matched on a single horse in the first race at eagle farm. That's right it's 8 am.

I noticed this also on a maiden yesterday at 8 am.

Usually at this hour there would lucky to be $1000 matched across the field and on a maiden maybe $200.

Something is up. It's a hell of a lot of commission generation between matched accounts. Maybe it's something else. Whatever it is, the game is on Mrs Hudson.
LinusP

Warwick Farm as well, nice bit of money laundering for betfair to try and find...
Euler

Looks like the money was swapped on Gold Sun.
Lutruwita

Is anyone else in Australia having horrendous problems with the streaming/API? Yesterday, and again today, the lag is horrendous, with refresh rates of about 1 second. Bet Angel has races going in play 10-20 seconds after the race starts. Bets are also sometimes being placed 30 seconds after the command was initially sent. It's a nightmare once again, making trading very, very difficult.
Lutruwita

I turned off streaming and seem to be having better results.
andrewdaye

yep, I am experiencing the same issues with Australian Races, the lag is terrible. Have you managed to find a solution yet.
I tried turning off streaming but that doesnt seem to be making much of a difference.
I may revert to an older version of betangel and see how it goes.
LinusP

I assume this is due to the fact that the AUS API endpoint got turned off and it has now moved to the uk?

http://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=3246
Naffman

There's surely no way around it for the aussies, just bad luck! But if the ping is around 300 which I've heard it is then it's still workable surely? I remember doing UK racing in aus under the same circumstances and it didn't really make too much of a difference but I guess it depends what your style of trading is.
Euler

Aarondewit wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:33 am
I turned off streaming and seem to be having better results.
I would imagine the latency with streaming may create problems so it may be that switching that off and refreshing at 300ms or higher may create a better feel.
Cocky88au

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is somebody located in Australia that provides courses on trading the Australia horse racing market?

Is there anybody from Australia on this forum successfully trading the Australian markets? I would be happy to pay for a tutorial...

Cheers
Euler

There are no full timers that do that I'm aware of. I have had discussions with Betfair about coming over later this year. That may happen but it's a long way off at the moment. We are looking at online stuff in the meantime.
gazuty

Betfair invited me to a course in Australia last week (which I declined).

I can see if I can recover the deleted email.
Euler

You wouldn't have missed a thing, in fact you would have been better doing the course from my knowledge of your ability!
gazuty

gazuty wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:41 pm
Betfair invited me to a course in Australia last week (which I declined).

I can see if I can recover the deleted email.
Looks like it's in the double delete bin and lost.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”