Lay the First to Trade at 2.0 Guardian Automation Bot

marckemp1986

Dallas wrote:You would need to increase the numbers of triggers (and i would change the re-arm time of the lay to 2 secs)
Then in conditions replace the "Number of place bet triggers condition"
with "matched bets condiiton" on selection is equal to 0
then add "Unmatched bets condition" on selection is equal to 0

That will allow it to trigger and lay multiple runners but never the same selection
Perfect!
welshtrekker

How are folks doing with this? Bit of a struggle for me.

The bot does not seem to catch lower losses. The setting at < -2 seems to fail a lot.

I keep an eye and trade out manually but greening up clearly is an art as I often trade out early and would have won instead of taking a small loss.

Not sure how to minimise that issue or know the best time to trade out if a horse appears to be hitting the finish line first i.e. odds hang around 1.5 and go up and down but never swaying too much from below 2.
greety

I've had similar problems. I've had the bot backing at 2.0 and laying fifteen ticks lower.
What can go wrong you would think. Apart from the horse drifting between 2 and 1,85? Quite a lot it would seem.
Back and lay bets not getting matched and of course more often then not you get the wrong outcome. Stake gone.
Looks like a case of back to the drawing board.
Dallas

Its worth looking away from the runner your trading and using conditions elsewhere in the market.
For example with this rule allowing it to trigger if the 2nd or 3rd fav are trading over 15.0 is unlikely to return many positives in the long run, compared to the races with say several runners that are still trading under 8.0s as the first hits 2.0
Or if your just looking for a bounce to catch a few ticks try looking at conditions like WOM or the book % before allowing the rule to trigger
greety

Thanks Dallas.
I know what WOM is but I have no idea how to use the book % or set up a rule like this.
Is there a topic on this, you could send me a link to please?
Dallas

greety wrote:Thanks Dallas.
I know what WOM is but I have no idea how to use the book % or set up a rule like this.
Is there a topic on this, you could send me a link to please?
There is this section from the user guide which shows how to set up the condition within automation.
http://www.betangel.com/user-guide/book ... 3D&mw=MzIw

Perhaps the best way to understand it is to (using practice mode) go on to the bookmaking tab which is the same a dutching except it places lay bets into the market.

Choose all the selections by ticking the "ALL" in the lay column then tick the manual box now you can adjust the odds of any runner and see the book percentage at the top move.

During an event it will never go above 100% (if it does you could lay all selections at those odds for a guaranteed profit) but by placing a lay bet when the book is tight (near 100%) the price can only come in further if something else is drifting.
If you where to lay when the book was only around 90% the selection you layed can still come in several ticks further as can any other runner with out anything else needing to drift.
greety

Hi Dallas.
Sorry, I'm starting to lose track of this.
Firstly I went to the link you sent and followed the example. I set up a rule in Conditions with a Book percentage condition with the book percentage at 99.5%, as in the example.
Not surprisingly, no triggers.
I then went into bookmaking/manual bet. I made all the prices slightly bigger then was available, but am I supposed to do this before every race?
Dallas

greety wrote:Hi Dallas.
Sorry, I'm starting to lose track of this.
Firstly I went to the link you sent and followed the example. I set up a rule in Conditions with a Book percentage condition with the book percentage at 99.5%, as in the example.
Not surprisingly, no triggers.
I then went into bookmaking/manual bet. I made all the prices slightly bigger then was available, but am I supposed to do this before every race?
The user guide is just a example of how to set the condition up and not the actual setting to use, to start with if your laying you want to set it to lay rather than back as in the example.

The bookmaking tab i suggested does nt have anything to do with the rule and is not something you need to go to all the time, its just a quick and easy way for you to see how the price movements in the market effect the book % by doing what i said in the last post and changing the prices up and down manually you can see the book % change at the top of the odds.
sirastonb

Dallas Can you suggest a rule that lays the field at under2. You seem to have a very good handle on this forum.
Dallas

sirastonb wrote:Dallas Can you suggest a rule that lays the field at under2. You seem to have a very good handle on this forum.
Here you go
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11239

You can see links to all the rules made here
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11238
delboy2

Anybody want to collaborate on this system or similar. Have also looked at laying at 2.8 in longer distance races with mixed results. Have been testing for a couple of weeks now
marcuslfo

Great stuff. Could we add a trailing stop loss instead?
Dallas

marcuslfo wrote:Great stuff. Could we add a trailing stop loss instead?
Yes all the rules are there for you to edit/modify in anyway you want, there just a base for you to start from
darren1963

Hi guys, I am trying to set this up to lay the first horse that reaches 3.1 in 'inplay' only. If the pre-race fav is less than 3.1 then the bot will not place a bet at all. Can someone of greater knowledge than I please have a look/amend the attached file and advise what changes I need to make to get this file to work on all UK races as I am really stuck.

Many thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

It was down to a simple typo, you where setting a signal named "daz1" but on your lay bet looking for a signal named "daz3"
I ve amended that and file is attched below or you could just change the signal condtion of your lay bet to "daz1"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”