Lay the First to Trade at 2.0 Guardian Automation Bot

delboy2

Anybody want to collaborate on this system or similar. Have also looked at laying at 2.8 in longer distance races with mixed results. Have been testing for a couple of weeks now
marcuslfo

Great stuff. Could we add a trailing stop loss instead?
Dallas

marcuslfo wrote:Great stuff. Could we add a trailing stop loss instead?
Yes all the rules are there for you to edit/modify in anyway you want, there just a base for you to start from
darren1963

Hi guys, I am trying to set this up to lay the first horse that reaches 3.1 in 'inplay' only. If the pre-race fav is less than 3.1 then the bot will not place a bet at all. Can someone of greater knowledge than I please have a look/amend the attached file and advise what changes I need to make to get this file to work on all UK races as I am really stuck.

Many thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

It was down to a simple typo, you where setting a signal named "daz1" but on your lay bet looking for a signal named "daz3"
I ve amended that and file is attched below or you could just change the signal condtion of your lay bet to "daz1"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
threedogs

I do this manually with just the trader and it is a success but you have to have a good money management system
A couple of hours in the afternoon is enough to make a decent income
I am retired but day workers can do the same with the evening meetings
good fortune all ...
jimibt

threedogs wrote:I do this manually with just the trader and it is a success but you have to have a good money management system
A couple of hours in the afternoon is enough to make a decent income
I am retired but day workers can do the same with the evening meetings
good fortune all ...
i would imagine keeping a close eye on it breaching 2.00 odds (or MINUS 40% of the stake) is probably key here.
RaymondH1979

Hello, I just joined this forum and I am working on the Lay the First to Trade at 3.1 file.
After couple of days I got a win/loss ratio of around 65%, but due to the bad risk/reward ratio (2:1) you will need much more higher win ratio to be profitable on longer term (1 loss will take out 2 wins).
Placing a solid stop loss at 1 x or 0,5 risk would make it easier, but it seems that the stop loss is often not triggered due to market volatility in play. Does anyone have any ideas to lower the risk? Thank you
Dallas

RaymondH1979 wrote:Hello, I just joined this forum and I am working on the Lay the First to Trade at 3.1 file.
After couple of days I got a win/loss ratio of around 65%, but due to the bad risk/reward ratio (2:1) you will need much more higher win ratio to be profitable on longer term (1 loss will take out 2 wins).
Placing a solid stop loss at 1 x or 0,5 risk would make it easier, but it seems that the stop loss is often not triggered due to market volatility in play. Does anyone have any ideas to lower the risk? Thank you
What is the thinking behind laying at 3.1 instead?
Apart from conditions withing the rule looking at the different courses and trying to avoid those that often produce wins for a runaway front runner can change your long term results
RaymondH1979

Dallas wrote:
RaymondH1979 wrote:Hello, I just joined this forum and I am working on the Lay the First to Trade at 3.1 file.
What is the thinking behind laying at 3.1 instead?
Apart from conditions withing the rule looking at the different courses and trying to avoid those that often produce wins for a runaway front runner can change your long term results

Thank you, Dallas. I am indeed collecting data and analyzing the specific courses and times I have traded and see if I can pick up a kind of 'trend' in a certain market/course.
scesc

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the thinking behind the concept at the start of this thread (i.e. laying the first to trade at 2.0). Is it because there are more often false moves in the market when a race goes in-play, so you are more likely to be laying a losing runner ?

I tried googling the idea, as Dallas had said it's a well advertised strategy, but came up blank.
Dallas

TBH I have never looked for it myself or know any of the reasoning behind it, over the space of several months half a dozen plus different forum users must of asked how to set this particular stratergy up so it must of been doing its rounds somewhere online hence the reason i decided to include it as one of the first example files that was uploaded. and it seems to be up there still as one of the most downloaded.
welshtrekker

It has to be varied or put up with losing runs a lot. Kills betting banks.
Rather than hope that the first below 2.0 MAY lose, best to check that it MAY ACTUALLY lose surely. Betting on the 1st below 2.0 or just the fav is what Pete's Betfair Method is about along with an insane high risk staking plan.
What if you laid another, like the 2nd fav or 3rd fav if the 1st fav is steaming.
Sounds more sense but perhaps someone has tried and has more input.
charger123

hi Dallas, newbe to forum but being using ba for over a year. I've created a bot simular to this but also looks at laying the 2nd fav to offset if the price comes in. i have used the fix order as a seperate rule, to work when the first trigger is sent. But having watched some races, and seeing the 2nd fav conditions met, was wondering if the 2 fav,s rules are not being seen, or is the fix order creating a problem. Penny for your thougths, thank you.
Dallas

Its difficult to say without knowing the whole rule set up. I assume you have at least three seperate rule types
Lay fav
Lay 2nd fav
Fix order

If so the fix order should be set to trigger at the same moment as the lay fav rule (ie use all same conditions etc) also make sure it only triggers this one time.
With that done the lay 2nd rule 'if applied to betfair order of favourtism 2' should then be able to trigger once its conditions are met.

This thread will show how to check which parts of your rule is triggering and which arn't
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 47&t=12557

From that you should be able to isolate the rule type causing the problem.

If not just post back

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”