Back the Likely Winner Automation Bot for Horse Racing

greety

Thanks for your help Dallas. Got it sorted now.
And thanks to eskdale for the original post.
joebloggs123

tried this in practice mode paper traded for over a week £15 stakes 1.15 odds in play last traded price is less than 1.20 green all profit is less than - £7.50 decent profit, went in to real cash massive losses trades not been taken only gets taken when the horse drifts back at odds a lot higher than the original ask for odds then does not get layed for any amount even though it is set to trigger 3 times now these settings are set lower than your original bot with a stop loss set in place only the stake is a bit higher i guess what i am saying is these bots are great when in practice mode but render pretty useless when using real money and any newbie trader will be in the poor house in no time at all it is if the markets no exactly know that your trying to manipulate them and get an edge peter webb boasts about all his trading strategies and posts videos on you tube but as never ever shown anybody how to make one penny from trading he is a front man for bet fair this is in no way a slur on yourself and i think it is a great thing you do to help new traders to try these bots and tried to make an edge for themselves i don,t think the software is quick enough to catch the trades when there volatile,
Dallas

joebloggs123 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 6:47 pm
it is set to trigger 3 times now these settings are set lower than your original bot with a stop loss set in place
Im not sure why you would be triggering the rule 3 times at such short odds and especially when using a stop loss. Using a stop loss in-play is definitely not recommended and their is numerous threads on this forum regarding that, using one when trading in the final seconds of a race at these type of odds is possible the very worst thing you can do as you say the market is extremely volatile.
If you were to go back through your losses you'll probably find the majority that where stopped out for a loss actually went on to win, also by triggering the bet multiple times the ones that lost were probably backed more than once which would of increased the amount lost.
joebloggs123 wrote:
i don,t think the software is quick enough to catch the trades when there volatile,
If your refreshing at 20ms (that's 50 price updates per second) the software can't really get much quicker, this is certainly way quicker than any manual trader could react so the automation is in near real time. However you have to remember that when a bet is submitted by Bet Angel Betfair park it for a whole second before placing it into the market, this is something that they do to all in-play bets for all sports and their is nothing that can be done about it except to work with it and factor it in
joebloggs123 wrote:
peter webb boasts about all his trading strategies and posts videos on you tube but as never ever shown anybody how to make one penny from trading he is a front man for bet fair
In regards to Peter has actually traded live and in front of people on many occasions and also runs a number of courses and has done for some years now, many traders including plenty that use this forum and have done for many years have attended one or more of his courses and lot have gone onto to become full time professionals
joebloggs123

ok thanks for the reply
Swimming999

hiya dallas

it keeps saying when i download it that it was created with the differnt version of bet angel ,

i am using Version 1.47.0
welshboy06

Swimming999 wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:37 am
hiya dallas

it keeps saying when i download it that it was created with the differnt version of bet angel ,

i am using Version 1.47.0
The latest is 1.48.1 update to that
Swimming999

Thanks 😁
janice62

Hi, would someone be able to look at this for me - I tried it with just one back bet, but another horse seems can come in at the end and either one win - so tried to cover the 2 favourites, also not sure if I should have a stop loss on it when it goes below a certain amount eg -£5, any help wuld be gretly appreciated. thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

janice62 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:23 pm
Hi, would someone be able to look at this for me - I tried it with just one back bet, but another horse seems can come in at the end and either one win - so tried to cover the 2 favourites, also not sure if I should have a stop loss on it when it goes below a certain amount eg -£5, any help wuld be gretly appreciated. thanks
When you say that another horse can come in and win, that may often be the case. This isn't a 100% strike rate strategy. Also how many races have you tried it on? You will need to look at your results over many 100s to assess its effectiveness. It will also certainly be the case that it works better for some races than others. Your results will help you to find out which performed best (long or short or handicaps or non_handicaps or flat or jumps etc)

As for stop losses, see Dallas's posting above for the reason why it's not a good idea.
rudge6805

Thanks for uploading Dallas.

Is anyone else having issues with the back bet being placed at the odds selected eg 1.20 then the bet getting matched at a different (higher) price?
Dallas

rudge6805 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Is anyone else having issues with the back bet being placed at the odds selected eg 1.20 then the bet getting matched at a different (higher) price?
Bets will get triggered and placed at 1.20 but Betfair will match at better odds if they are available
rudge6805

Dallas wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:35 pm
rudge6805 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Bets will get triggered and placed at 1.20 but Betfair will match at better odds if they are available
Ahh, ok. Thanks Dallas.
onkargm

Hi Dallas,

I am new to the forum, I have been using the betangel tool from last 6 months. I just checked all the possible strategies in this post. I have a question though, instead of using 1.20 as historical price , if we use price as 1.07 and give all the possible timings in conditions such as before 5 second, before 4 second and so on...
Dallas

onkargm wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:06 pm
instead of using 1.20 as historical price , if we use price as 1.07 and give all the possible timings in conditions such as before 5 second, before 4 second and so on...
Not quiet sure what you mean?
onkargm

Ohh sorry my bad, another question, cab we trigger a bet, when we the back bet on any horse in play when price is in a range such as between 1.01 and 1.10

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Horse racing - In-running”