Data Collection

chainsaw

Bet Angel must collect tick data on an event (charts). It would be bloody helpful if this tick data was made available. Even better if it was presented in a way that made sense. The advanced charts dont scroll back, unless you start changing the interval up , but then you lose all tick accuracy. The log tells you some of the story, but it takes some working out.

I have looked elsewhere on the forum, but the couple of excel sheets that collect data are suitable for horse racing. And as good as they are, as far as tick data is concerned, they are re-inventing the wheel. The data is already captured by Bet Angel, it just isnt available.

Trading software like metatrader4 captures tick data, and allows you to test automation on saved data to get the bugs out. Better that than trying it out on live markets, because you have to (in sports) wait for the markets to start, and personally, i am looking for markets to fit within certain criteria. So on a Saturday, i might have 20 viable market events to try out my strategy. If the automation/spreadsheet is misbehaving, you have to either edit on the fly or accept that you will have to wait a day or four before you get to try it again. But determining what is causing the problem is difficult to say the least. I want to pull up a proper tick depth chart and examine it, not take a best guess.

Other than that, i quite like Bet Angel :)
Euler

chainsaw wrote:Bet Angel must collect tick data on an event (charts). It would be bloody helpful if this tick data was made available. Even better if it was presented in a way that made sense. The advanced charts dont scroll back, unless you start changing the interval up , but then you lose all tick accuracy. The log tells you some of the story, but it takes some working out.

I have looked elsewhere on the forum, but the couple of excel sheets that collect data are suitable for horse racing. And as good as they are, as far as tick data is concerned, they are re-inventing the wheel. The data is already captured by Bet Angel, it just isnt available.
Amazingly, Betfair will not let us expose the data so we have to only allow it to be exposed indirectly through data collection spreadsheets and so on.

The advanced charts will allow you to look at all data. You control the update interval and can zoom in and out over the length of time the data has been collected. If you load the data into Guardian it will collect from that moment going forward.
chainsaw

Thank you for that, I had totally missed the + and - buttons in the corner. As to the tick data, i am a bit surprised by Betfairs attitude, but will do as you suggest and mine the data through excel.
many thanks
firlandsfarm

I expect the requirement not to publish the tick data is because Betfair sell it to Fracsoft.com who in turn process it and sell it to the public! (Although they have not been doing a very good job of it recently)

Return to “Betfair Data”