Betfair Historical Data

LinusP

Of course, that would be why the above doesn't work, don't think it is possible then from this data source.
xitian

LinusP wrote:The following should work but it doesn't
Ah, I missed that sentence. Well at least now everyone knows it doesn't work and why!

I wish Betfair would fix it. The data would be so much more useful!
Tommassi

Thanks for the sample. Actually I already have the data in a MySQL database, and am then loading the data into a .NET (C#) web service that I've developed. From here I can query the in-memory cache of data that I've created, which is really fast.

But the problem I have is determining what data I need to use to get the pre-match odds for a market in any football game.

I was considering to use the last taken date which is closest to the actual off date/time (even if I get the closest last taken record after the actual off time ?). So I get the last matched odds taken before the game went in play. This should give me a closest enough match of what the odds were before the game started.

Also, if I wanted to get the in-play odds at a particular time, I could use the last taken date, and the in play flag ?

Thoughts ?? Anyone else use this data to help get the odds at when the match started ??
Tommassi

Has anyone much experience with the Betfair historical data ? Basically, I have managed to import and organise the data in my database, and am able to produce some statistics like average number of first half goals for games that had starting odds between a range.

However, I noticed that for example the Everton Vs Swansea game on 24th Jan, the First Half Goals Under 3.5, doesn't exist or have any matched bets at all ?

Is this normal. I was going to base all my win selections for Over/Unders on the Unders market.
scesc

I went to the Betfair Data Home Page http://data.betfair.com/ and downloaded a random file to see what it looked like. I was particularly interested in football data. I got one from a week in April and can see matches from that week in the file. However, every other file I've downloaded, just contains Horse Racing data. I'm selecting files from the "Other" column in the screenshot below. Am I missing something here ?
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LinusP

Try clearing your caches and history.
scesc

Thanks, that did the trick

Return to “Betfair Data”