Make Market Gap Scalping Guardian Automation Bot Greyhounds

guy333

Mikky you must be using an old version of Betangel. You need to download the latest version.
Dallas

This rule was made in V1.43 (you can see the Version your using in the top left corner of your Bet Angel screen)

It should look like Image below, if you are using this verison but its still missing you may have to re-install
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=11565
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mikky

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yes, I am using 1.42.2

thanks guys, thought I was going nuts :)
greety

Thanks for the reply Dallas.
I was greening up on any selection not the one with the specific liability. But then lay bets were still being made as the market suspended. Hence the liability.
And the bot did not appear to green up as I was being left with liabilities on certain dogs.
I'll have a play tonight with minimum stakes and see what happens.
Mikky

Mikky wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yes, I am using 1.42.2

thanks guys, thought I was going nuts :)

updated to 1.43.0 and still no joy. I know the update has installed because the new automation condition of race distance is now present.

I tried an unistall and and fresh install.
betangel issue.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

If you where using V1.42.2 it should of still had the "ANY" selection option, i think it was brought in around V1.40 so only much older versions before this will not of had it.

looking at the screen shot you attached it is 100% a resolution problem.

The "Order of Fav" box has no field to enter a number
and the "By Nomination" is not displayed correctly and missing the dropdown arrow on the right

If you compare the way they look to the image in my post you will see the difference,

If you have tried the actual screen resolution the next thing to look at is that your display is using the normal font of 96 DPI (it needs to be set at 96 DPI) and not 120 DPI which is what yours looks like

To check, open Control Panel in Windows. Choose the 'Display' option and you should see an option called 'Change the size of all items'. With each version of Windows this is displayed differently, but you should normally see either a slider or a picklist or a set of buttons allowing you to pick the preferred size. You're looking for an option saying either: 100%, Smaller, Normal font or 96dpi (again the display depends on the version of Windows).
Mikky

Dallas wrote:
If you have tried the actual screen resolution the next thing to look at is that your display is using the normal font of 96 DPI (it needs to be set at 96 DPI) and not 120 DPI which is what yours looks like

To check, open Control Panel in Windows. Choose the 'Display' option and you should see an option called 'Change the size of all items'. With each version of Windows this is displayed differently, but you should normally see either a slider or a picklist or a set of buttons allowing you to pick the preferred size. You're looking for an option saying either: 100%, Smaller, Normal font or 96dpi (again the display depends on the version of Windows).

I didn't even know this existed and you were 100% correct! I thought the screen resolution was the one you change through your graphics card, i.e. 1900 x 1080 etc!

thankyou for taking the time to help mate. Much appreciated.
cybernet69

Hi,

I really wouldn't automate trading Greyhounds unless you have live pictures of each race.

Reason being the 19:16 at Swindon tonight went off 40 seconds before the scheduled start of the race.

Which left me with a negative position which I couldn't close out.

Be warned!!!!
Mikky

I have played with this bot a little now but the results have been extremely varied.

From all the alterations i have tweaked the best results have come from the original automation which turned a small profit but granted it was over a small sample.

Going to keep messing with it sinply because there is so much greyhound racing each day just a shame there is not more liquidity.
Dallas

cybernet69 wrote:Hi,

I really wouldn't automate trading Greyhounds unless you have live pictures of each race.

Reason being the 19:16 at Swindon tonight went off 40 seconds before the scheduled start of the race.

Which left me with a negative position which I couldn't close out.

Be warned!!!!
The whole point of automation is not just to fire bets into market quicker but also to be able to leave unattended or running in the background, yes the start times can be early and catch you with a open poisition but from what i ve seen the odd times it is early it its usually only a few seconds and very rarely more than 7-10 secs early.

So just close your poisitions a little earlier if your worried about being caught or thin the stakes your using in last 30secs
stu410

This bot more red..
cybernet69

stu410 wrote:This bot more red..
I don't think its meant to be a profitable bot. It's just a frame work for you to use and include your own rules.

Scalping/Trading greyhounds is not easy due to low liquidity, price spikes and unscheduled start times by upto 20 seconds.

I doubt very much that anyone is going to post a fully automated profitable system.

Cheers,
greety

Just my twopence for what its worth.
I was getting caught out by sudden suspensions. So I did the obvious and set the trigger back from two minutes to four and green up fromten seconds to one minute ten seconds.
Made the situation much more manageable, but despite greening up I was still getting a late lay bet creeping in, which meant constantly watching every race.
It did'nt do me much good though. After seven consecutive losing trades (only at £2 stakes thankfully), I called it a night.
cybernet69

greety wrote:Just my twopence for what its worth.
I was getting caught out by sudden suspensions. So I did the obvious and set the trigger back from two minutes to four and green up fromten seconds to one minute ten seconds.
Made the situation much more manageable, but despite greening up I was still getting a late lay bet creeping in, which meant constantly watching every race.
It did'nt do me much good though. After seven consecutive losing trades (only at £2 stakes thankfully), I called it a night.
To be able to make any kind of profit from Greyhounds then you need to stay away from the current prices on offer. ;)
Crazyskier

To be able to make any kind of profit from Greyhounds then you need to stay away from the current prices on offer. ;)[/quote]

Actually if the gaps are big enough, there are some small profits to be had by taking the odd back price on a steaming favourite. Even £20 of matched bets on a dog will often result in a 5 tick swing I find! The trick is to make the lack of liquidity work for you.

Almost every greyhound race has at least one back price offered on the favourite that is greater than the BSP. I often see prices matched at 4s on dogs that steam to 2.5-3 BSP.

Getting in early and judging the peak price / which dog is going to steam is the challenge.

One tip I'll share is the fact that many bots are BLINDLY offering back prices +1 and then wonder why they have matched bets laying at 4s (when the back price was 2.8 and lay price just below 5s, and suddenly the price is now 3.2 and 3.8 LAY :shock:

I've been caught myself so often that I'm now trading against the early price botters manually if certain conditions are met... The added advantage of this is that you also have a few extra minutes to trade out at a profit - often tough with such limited liquidity / time before the off in some doggy races.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”