Brazilian Serie A/Campeanato is...

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
max_usted

... even worse to watch then a mid-table Argentine Primera Division match. Anyone trading this (manually) or finding it impossible to stay awake?

Since I've started trading, it's been very interesting watching football from all around the world and having my preconceptions changed:

- Italian football has more than its fair share of amazing games, with amazing scorelines and great attacking teams (didn't expect that).
- English football isn't at all the fastest, but has by far and away the best referees
- South American teams are generally-speaking not particularly skillful/capable (not surprising I guess since all their best players go abroad).
- Argentine football is more like watching rugby, definitely the most physical league
- David Luiz's kamikaze-style defending is not unique - is a typical Brazilian style, widely replicated in Br Serie A.
- The league with the best stadiums is Liga MX, Mexico!.
- MLS is fast and furious, definitely one of the best leagues to watch, and full of teams that can't defend.
- Turkish fans do not seem to attend matches unless their team is top of the league.
- It is the absolute truth that Scottish football is (comparatively) truly dire (and I say this as a Scotsman).
- There are a number of teams around the leagues that consistently participate in amazing-to-watch matches - Lyon, Celta Vigo, Werder Bremen, Sassuolo, Roma, Borussia Dortmund
scribbles

Does watchable directly equate to trade-able in all instances?

Asking out of genuine interest, I have recently been thinking of broadening my horizons in the football markets as I notice some (particularly some Brazilian & MLS matches) have reasonable liquidity.

As you seem to have studied more markets than me, does liquidity diminish in correlation with your rankings above?
max_usted

No not at all - I think it depends on what's on in terms of the global schedule - my reading is that people's money filters down to whichever is the most high profile match on a particular evening or moment in time. And what the in-play delay is like (5 seconds and the liquidity tends to be higher). For e.g. there were huge sums in the Italy vs. Uruguay friendly last night.

There's a good thread a few posts back, LeTiss lists the best leagues to trade in during summer. MLS is definitely my preference has good liquidity and I find it offers excellent trading opportunities IMHO.
glen10

i only dip in and out of football but def found MLS good for goals, i intend to do abit more in the summer leagues and then hit all the other ones full time when they all kick off again. what live streams do you use to watch the matches on, apart from the obvious, BT and SKY?
cheers.
max_usted

glen10 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:17 pm
i only dip in and out of football but def found MLS good for goals, i intend to do abit more in the summer leagues and then hit all the other ones full time when they all kick off again. what live streams do you use to watch the matches on, apart from the obvious, BT and SKY?
cheers.
Bet365 covers MLS, Japanese league, Scandinavian leagues, Chinese and some Brazilian Serie A games and international friendlies. It's the best of all the streaming sites (that I know of) by far, very good time delays.

For any games not covered by Bet365 (e.g. Brazil Serie A, Ireland Premier, other Brazilian games, international friendlies), there's a chance that either Unibet of William Hill might cover it. Alternatively it will (usually) be on 1xbet.com's website, but there's usually quite a bit of a delay on their streams so is for longer-term positions rather than scalping type stuff.
glen10

cheers for that, ill check out BET365. i tend to forget about the normal bookie sites what with being on the exchanges all the time!!!
Dallas

max_usted wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:23 pm
There's a good thread a few posts back, LeTiss lists the best leagues to trade in during summer. MLS is definitely my preference has good liquidity and I find it offers excellent trading opportunities IMHO.
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14154
ChrisF

What KO Volume would you consider tradable ? Also, does having a match assigned to soccer mystic mean it will have large volumn at KO, why do some matches have it and others not?
Dallas

ChrisF wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:58 am
What KO Volume would you consider tradable ? Also, does having a match assigned to soccer mystic mean it will have large volumn at KO, why do some matches have it and others not?
Soccer Mystic requires certain markets to be provided by betfair for it to be able to make predictions, namely: Match Odds, Correct Score and Total Goals. If those markets are not available, then the match will not be supported by Soccer Mystic.
jonnyg

20 : 00
Sport Recife View events More info
0 - 1
18' :idea: Everton Felipe
Rodrigão 59' :idea:
1 - 1
1 - 2
65' Ronaldo Alves
1 - 3
90' R. Lenis

last 21 games 0-1 HT goal 0-20 minutes in Brazil Serie A added to the home fightback > 1-1 with the 2nd goal in the 46-70 minutes time band we can see that 1-1 FT will be a rare event >

People think that Brazil Serie A in general is boring = low goal production > in this profile the home fightback metric in Brazil Serie A in general will act as a catalyst for further goal(s) which in general the market will not be expecting

18/21 ended over 2.5 goals = 86% 1/0.86 = 1.16 with 38% over 3.5 goals = 13/8

33% produced a goal(s) 80 + minutes

10-5-6
data correct to June 19th ,, > at 1-1 over 2.5 was offered at 1/2 :P :lol:
jonnyg

Vitória
3 - 1
Ponte Preta View events More info
S. Tréllez 2'
1 - 0
Neilton 13'
2 - 0
S. Tréllez 36'
3 - 0
3 - 1
49' Elton

Sport Recife
2 - 2
Fluminense View events More info
0 - 1
9' Gustavo Scarpa
0 - 2
13' Renato Chaves
André 32'
1 - 2
Patrick 49'
2 - 2 :idea:

how does the time of the opening goal in an individual league effect expectation of goal production as time decays in a game ?

Return to “Football trading”