Some stats courtesy of Scott Fergusons write up - http://www.theshark.com.au/news/2012/01 ... -s-preview
- All three previous Slam finals have lasted four sets.
- Overall, the record is 16-13 to Rafa.
- In finals, it's 6-5 to Novak, all in 2011 after previously being 0-5.
- On hardcourt, it's 8-3 to the Serbian, with Nadal's three wins being Indian Wells 07, Beijing Olympics 08 and the US Open final of 2010.
- In best-of-five set matches, Rafa leads 4-2.
- Rafa has dropped serve nine times at this year's tournament, saving 29 break pts in the process. He has converted 34 of 79 break opportunities.
- Novak has dropped serve 15 times here, saving 27 break pts. Has converted 48 of 89 opportunities to break.