Best way to make 1% per market?

A place to discuss anything.
eayvmb1

Hi all,
I am long time lurker and in all honesty I would still consider myself a BF/BA newbie. I have gone through all the normal newbie wannabe trader emotions/finger burning excises.

Started about a year ago. Got lucky on by predicting a few political bets then moved to horse racing betting. Now realise that in the beginning got lucky on a few £2 trades which resulted in some big profits (well big for me ~ £100). Since then got over confident and lost most of the profit a week later by trying to lay inplay without a stop loss (cardinal sin I know). Eventually got disillusioned when I realised that O could not predict any type of swing or way to make a consistent profit. Decided to give up once most of my initial capital that put in eventually bled dry and felt that bots were making all the real money.

I have always enjoyed trading and I am constantly trying to find an opportunity that has not been botted. I still feel there is way to make money out of BF, I now think that I think I was trying to be too greedy. I understand that I should bet what I can't afford, not be emotionally attached, that I will lose as well win yadayada......

I am interested in trying to find the best way to make low risk, low return trades (in whatever markets). For example I have noticed that a lot of money goes into markets when it nearing closing in play, e.g. near the finish line of a horse race say at 1.04 there is a sudden surge of money.

Is this a viable option to make 1% per race? If so how do I automate this. Or does anyone have opinions of other well known ways to make a meager 1% per market?

I always thought that the main thing that has held me back was not having access to past data (have not go no where enough BF point to be able to access BF history data). Suppose my final question/plea is, is there way of getting a hold of past BF data without having 100 BF points? I don't know if this would help me or not...
freddy

imo it would be madness to try and make 1% In-play,
you will have loads of winning bets and then wipe out days of work when something goes wrong, which it will at some point.
Im not saying it couldn't be done, but it would be a bit of a roller coaster for sure.

Far better of trying to scalp a few ticks pre race imo.

and also i wouldn't say 1% per market is a meager ammount, it's quite alot really and if you could adverage that per market you would be a very good trader indeed.
There are no easy ways to make money at this you just have to put the time and the effort in and eventually you may find you edge :) .
eayvmb1

Thanks for the quick response.

To clarify my position, I think I would be inclined to agree with you. I only used the in play horse racing strategy as an example. I picked it simply because I read somewhere a while back that in the past year, in over 98% of horse races that once a horse got to odds of 1.04 or less it went on to win. I have no way to authenticate this stat but I can believe it though manually watching a number of markets.

I am inclined to think that scalping using soccer mystic pre game or looking at favourites early doors in horse races may be the way forward.

The reason for the post was to see what other peoples opinions where?

Cheers
eayvmb1
eayvmb1

Freddy,

Sorry I forgot to add that it was interesting to read that you thought 1% per market wasn't a meager ammount.

Maybe I should retitle the post to best way to make 0.1% per market! Is this a case of me being greedy again.......

Cheers
eayvmb1
freddy

Really depends on what you mean by 1% per market,
I assumed it to mean 1% of your trading bank, but i might have misunderstood.

With a 1000-00 trading bank for example to be making an a average of 10-00 per market you would have to be a very very good trader indeed.

but If your talking about 1% profit on your stake per market, well then thats much easier, a couple a ticks scalping and your there,
but it all relative anyway at the end of the day you could also lose a few ticks / % too ;) .

doesn't really work like that anyway,
even if your making 0.0000001 % profit per market on adverage your still doing much better than most are.
eayvmb1

Sorry have been out of the 'office' today. Wife is expecting and we had a little false alarm/practice today.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I was talking about making 0.1% profit on the trading bank.

I agree with you that in theory getting a couple of ticks on a scalp trade may be easier. However I am just not knowledgeable enough to consistently do that.

One day I will find a strategy that works for me. Lets just hope that day is soon.

Have you or anyone else seen any stats on automating a trade close to the end of a market?

freddy wrote:Really depends on what you mean by 1% per market,
I assumed it to mean 1% of your trading bank, but i might have misunderstood.

With a 1000-00 trading bank for example to be making an a average of 10-00 per market you would have to be a very very good trader indeed.

but If your talking about 1% profit on your stake per market, well then thats much easier, a couple a ticks scalping and your there,
but it all relative anyway at the end of the day you could also lose a few ticks / % too ;) .

doesn't really work like that anyway,
even if your making 0.0000001 % profit per market on adverage your still doing much better than most are.
Ali Ahmad

eayvmb1 wrote:Hi all,
I am long time lurker and in all honesty I would still consider myself a BF/BA newbie. I have gone through all the normal newbie wannabe trader emotions/finger burning excises.

Started about a year ago. Got lucky on by predicting a few political bets then moved to horse racing betting. Now realise that in the beginning got lucky on a few £2 trades which resulted in some big profits (well big for me ~ £100). Since then got over confident and lost most of the profit a week later by trying to lay inplay without a stop loss (cardinal sin I know). Eventually got disillusioned when I realised that O could not predict any type of swing or way to make a consistent profit. Decided to give up once most of my initial capital that put in eventually bled dry and felt that bots were making all the real money.

I have always enjoyed trading and I am constantly trying to find an opportunity that has not been botted. I still feel there is way to make money out of BF, I now think that I think I was trying to be too greedy. I understand that I should bet what I can't afford, not be emotionally attached, that I will lose as well win yadayada......

I am interested in trying to find the best way to make low risk, low return trades (in whatever markets). For example I have noticed that a lot of money goes into markets when it nearing closing in play, e.g. near the finish line of a horse race say at 1.04 there is a sudden surge of money.

Is this a viable option to make 1% per race? If so how do I automate this. Or does anyone have opinions of other well known ways to make a meager 1% per market?

I always thought that the main thing that has held me back was not having access to past data (have not go no where enough BF point to be able to access BF history data). Suppose my final question/plea is, is there way of getting a hold of past BF data without having 100 BF points? I don't know if this would help me or not...
Interesting sharing indeed...

Return to “General discussion”