Today's Cricket

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
redsnapper

Dallas wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:34 pm
redsnapper wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:52 pm

I've downloaded the free trial of this Betangel. Looks complicated to me... I have questions... as I am full time working I cant always work the markets and I'm building a strategy - it's small beans for now. do you know if you can set it to pick the favourite after an event goes in=play, and specifically pick the fielding team (chasers) - my favourite bet!
It can identify the fav at any time you want but as Megarain said it won't know the batter/fielder.

There are a ton of ready-made automation example in the link below, none yet for purpose-built for cricket but there are some semi/generic files that can be used and you'll get an idea from looking at other whats possible
viewforum.php?f=43
viewforum.php?f=58

Also if totally new to Bet Angel you'll find several free online courses that will walk you through the software and all its features
https://online.betangelacademy.com/
Thanks - I will check these out this evening
redsnapper

Had a little play this morning with England Women (now I've typed that it sounds all wrong!) :oops:

Anyway made back some of my Sri Lanka loss and did a bit of BetAngel Academy last night - really excellent. I'm now learning more about trading, so perhaps I shouldn't write-off cashing out :D

Hope you all had a productive day yesterday... again a quiet one methinks for today, just the Momentum Cup match and then the test match between NZ and Bangladesh... I have no idea how to bet test matches yet... so will definitely observe that one.
megarain

Test matches used to be a gold mine .. now, they just a sweet shop.

The mkt sorta wised up :
draw price graph 10 yrs.jpg
There has been a huge move for the Draw pre game (NZ v Bang - Wellington) .. (I partly responsible), as weather fcasts got worse, and pitch is known to be docile.
NZ v bang test 2 pre game graph.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

In the Momentum game, Lions are just a bad team (1 win from 6, (2 washouts) so far, and look clueless.

Cobras are a shadow of previous years .. but will prob be good enuf to beat Lions .. thou, would be happy to take them on, if they go sub 1.4 early.

Currently

Cobras 1.77

Lions 2.26

Small mkt
redsnapper

megarain wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:32 am

There has been a huge move for the Draw pre game (NZ v Bang - Wellington) .. (I partly responsible), as weather fcasts got worse, and pitch is known to be docile.
So essentially you are betting on the weather? Wow - never realised how significant that could be to betting markets, but I guess it makes sense... so at this time seems like around 50:50 there will be enough good weather to complete the match! Looks like a good lay, but risky right as if it pours the game will certainly be reduced by at least a day or two.....
redsnapper

megarain wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:38 am
In the Momentum game, Lions are just a bad team (1 win from 6, (2 washouts) so far, and look clueless.

Cobras are a shadow of previous years .. but will prob be good enuf to beat Lions .. thou, would be happy to take them on, if they go sub 1.4 early.

Currently

Cobras 1.77

Lions 2.26

Small mkt
I'm struggling with ODIs at the moment too... on the plus side, I managed to get some automation's working with the software this morning on this match. I've cancelled most of them, but it is interesting to see the software make bets on my behalf - really cool 8-)
megarain

Steam on the draw in NZ continues .. now 2.24 .. which is interesting.

The Momentum game is v hard to trade, but manually traded a decent position.
ions v cobras manual trades.jpg
Expecting bad weather later .. so, it might all be voided anyway.

Might go see a movie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
redsnapper

megarain wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:50 pm
Steam on the draw in NZ continues .. now 2.24 .. which is interesting.

The Momentum game is v hard to trade, but manually traded a decent position.

ions v cobras manual trades.jpg

Expecting bad weather later .. so, it might all be voided anyway.

Might go see a movie.
Just had a little go at 1.8 for cobras... seems like they are in reasonable shape, so maybe a little value bet here....
megarain

1.8 was a great entry.

Now 1.55 .. Cobras 146/2 after 28.

I would look to take profits sub 1.5
redsnapper

megarain wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:20 pm
1.8 was a great entry.

Now 1.55 .. Cobras 146/2 after 28.

I would look to take profits sub 1.5
Thanks, it was decent, have traded out (unlike me)!
Would expect a big push now with around 11 overs to go and only 2 wickets down... they have to target 320 + runs now.
redsnapper

You could also potentially see a few wickets fall :lol:
megarain

Lions 255-6 after 4.2 .. Lions now 1.77 .. nothing wrong with trading ..
redsnapper

Lions results so far actually dont look too shabby, so they could hit this chase. The market kind of slightly favours them as they are trading slightly under their SP.

I think Cobras had a poor run-in and may well have needed that 300+ total, but will see how this one plays out.... here are their recent run totals:

323/9 chasing 242
277 all out
311/2 Won
276/9 Lost D/L
redsnapper

Sorry typo on the top one:

323/9 chasing 242 should be chasing 342...

:roll:
megarain

levelled up .. sleep needed.

Brutal schedule ahead .. testmatch starts in 4 hrs, followed by ODI in 12 hrs, another Momentum game, and an Eng T20.
lion v cobras manual.jpg

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”