Today's Cricket

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:04 pm
I wanted to ask you guys, what's the best cricket trading guide one can get out there, regardless of price?
If you can wait a little while I'll write one for you - it will be £999. ;)

Well done on your first stab. My cricket trading started going downhill after a good start but I intend to revisit it.
Emmson

Well done Kai

Not seen any cricket trading guide to judge but I find if I'm hunting for info on anything google will pull up something worthwhile for free. :D
Kai

I don't think Google can compress all of the info that I want in an easy to absorb ELI5 format :D

You Brits probably underestimate how little the rest of the world knows about cricket, we'll only go as far as baseball and I'm not joking either. Cricket seems to be the only thing missing from the Bet Angel academy, I see they've got other sports well covered.

And since when does Caan have a cricket trading guide? Made in collaboration with an anonymous Mr X that's been trading cricket full time for a decade. Very interesting, hopefully Mr X exists :)

Please tell me the cricket trading scene is bigger than Caan and Badgerr, don't see any other cricket stuff.
Emmson

Is that person you mention ^^^ a full time trader or a full time marketer?
Emmson

Kai wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:16 pm
I don't think Google can compress all of the info that I want in an easy to absorb ELI5 format :D

You Brits probably underestimate how little the rest of the world knows about cricket, we'll only go as far as baseball and I'm not joking either. Cricket seems to be the only thing missing from the Bet Angel academy, I see they've got other sports well covered.

And since when does Caan have a cricket trading guide? Made in collaboration with an anonymous Mr X that's been trading cricket full time for a decade. Very interesting, hopefully Mr X exists :)

Please tell me the cricket trading scene is bigger than Caan and Badgerr, don't see any other cricket stuff.
You are intelligent and already know the mechanics of trading, the rest is knowing the game, its players and all its nuances which is a long long, road I admit.
Emmson

I had a decent day there
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

Still time for a result since its not a road of a wicket but draw layers will have to sweat.
Derek27

I wouldn't feel too proud to pay for sex but paying for trading advice would be a dent in my pride. ;) Once you've got a bit of experience in a few sports you're already equipped to find your own footing.
Kai

Thx guys but asking who has the best cricket material (in your opinion) should be a legitimate and a pretty straightforward question to be fair.

Not really looking for trading advice here, my approaches from other sports seem to suit this market perfectly (hence my interest in it) and I'm happy with that, I'm just missing everything else which is the context and the structure of the sport itself (the basics duh) so that I can properly frame the opportunities and my trades. So not really interested in their strategies or learning about all of the players/teams or scalping the market and such, everyone knows you don't need that to trade and I have that with football already so building the same skillset on a different market the hard way would be silly and a giant waste of my resources.

If I were looking for trading advice and strategies and cricket edges then I wouldn't be mentioning CB and Badgerr because their material probably doesn't contain any, however it probably does contain the basics which is exactly what I would need in this case. Makes sense now, no? :)

Btw pride is nothing to be proud of, don't get me started on that one :) If I listened to my pride all the time I would never leave the comfort zone of my very first market, pride always comes before the fall :) If I see a realistic shortcut somewhere I'm more than happy to take it, investing in myself and managing my resources as efficiently as I possibly can seems a no-brainer, the only real goal is to learn as much as you can in the shortest amount of time and if pride gets in the way of that then it's probably not a good thing to have in abundance, but perhaps only in small doses :)

These markets are home to many a fallen trader ;) That were perhaps too prideful too often.

Emmson

The draw has absolutely collapsed overnight, many will have done their bollocks on this game.
Kai

Emmson wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:06 am
The draw has absolutely collapsed overnight, many will have done their bollocks on this game.
Lost a tick on the draw, the momentum was incredible, what's the reasoning behind it if you don't mind me asking?
Emmson

Kai wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:30 am
Emmson wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:06 am
Lost a tick on the draw, the momentum was incredible, what's the reasoning behind it if you don't mind me asking?
[/quote

Just the bad light and forecasts for more of it so they can't get back on the field and the 1st innings of 4 has still not been completed so running out of time. No way could I foresee draw at levels it is right now, I could have been stranded too #DodgedBullet
Kai

Emmson wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:58 am
Just the bad light and forecasts for more of it so they can't get back on the field and the 1st innings of 4 has still not been completed so running out of time. No way could I foresee draw at levels it is right now, I could have been stranded too #DodgedBullet
Makes sense, thanks. The market is even more ridiculous than I thought :o

Found it incredibly difficult to just sit and watch England drift from 3.50 to 20 without getting involved, wasn't sure about the context.
wearthefoxhat

Update 30 minutes ago...

30 minutes ago.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

Kai wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:30 am
Hi Kai, the thing about what is called First Class cricket (Test and County games) is the 'play' is slightly different to most other games of any sport. In most other games winning is all about scoring more than the opponent but First Class cricket is more than that … it's about scoring more AND leaving enough time to bowl your opponent out twice. In cricket there is no point in domineering the game so much that you score 1,000 runs in 4 days and then leave yourself just 1 day to bowl the opposition out twice!

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”