IPL

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
LeTiss

Has anyone had any luck trading on this?

To say the markets are volatile is an understatement!
I've lost quite a lot of money on this
PaddyOdoors

Yes indeed. When you work it out it's one of the easiest games to trade out there...like candy from a baby...
Pindar

Don’t know if we are allowed to recommend other sites on this forum, but TradeonSports.com gives some solid strategy for IPL Have turned profit simple and safely use the strategy outlined
russxj6

Pindar wrote:Don’t know if we are allowed to recommend other sites on this forum, but TradeonSports.com gives some solid strategy for IPL Have turned profit simple and safely use the strategy outlined
Hi Pindar - I quite fancy a dabble at this market, but the site you mention doesn't seem to exist any more.

Is it a typo, or do you reckon they just decided that they've made enough money, and they've all gone to live on their very own island paradise? ;)

Cheers,

Russ...
Cran

At the risk of looking stupid as it's probably something everyone else knows... what is IPL?
scruff696969

Hi,
My first post so I hope it's helpful. IPL is India Premier League. It is 20 over cricket. These games are great trading opportunities if you know what you are doing (which I don't). Presumably would have been a good lay at some point yesterday.I'm stil trying to hone my horse racing and tennis but cricket will be next.
The site mentioned above is "co.uk" not "com". Always worth googling things like that if you don't know.

Good luck at Epsom everyone.

Regards Scruff,
russxj6

Thanks Scruff, why I didn't try co.uk or Google, only my brain knows. After a day of looking at code, and an evening of watching pretty flashing ladders and lots of red numbers ;) I don't think I function as well as normal!

I think that the strategy mentioned above is probably in the paid-for newsletter, rather than on the free blog.

Still, for a fiver it might be worth a punt.

Funny thing is, in sports like cricket and tennis, it's easy to see discrete points where odds are likely to shift fast. Taking a wicket is the obvious one.

I suspect there might be money to be made either by scalping as the odds come in as the favourite proceeds to victory - or looking for over-reactions as wickets fall.

The key to the first bit might be to only scalp whilst there are still top-order batsman left to come in - once they're gone the game can get away quickly.

Even then - every ball can take a wicket, of course, so I think it might make for nervous trading.

I'll bet all this is amplified in the accelerated version of the game that is Twenty20. For timid traders like me, it might all be too much. I'll probably stick to just losing slowly on the horses for now.

Plus, for true followers of the summer game, Twenty20 isn't really cricket... not that I'd care if I could make it pay.

Cheers,

Russ...
max123

Hi,
who is one bowler who you think could never be hit for six sixes in an over no matter who the batsmen?

-------------
cricket bet
npatel999

Now that IPL 2010 is about to start (12th Mar)I think it's time to get this thread going as there's likely to lots of trading opportunity in this format with so much money being matched. I don't have any stragegy yet but I'm thinking there are two broad approaches to IPL or 20/20:

1) In IPL two teams are of equal strength and have equal chances of wiinning even if one team appears to be trailing by a big margin. So if odd are way above 2.0 at before at least 15 overs in the second innings represents a good opporunity.

2)Whenever a wicket fall price reacts quickly but probably has a tendancy to go back up again after few balls/over, so I'm thinking of backing wicket loosing team and then green up say at 3 offset.

please post your comments on above or suggest better strategies as there are going to be at least 56 games so there's likely to be plenty of opporunities.

Thanks,
NP
Predicton

Heavens above, I've just watched the end of one of these matches and although it bears little resemblance to cricket as it's played around here, all that thrashing about must offer some shrewd customers some fantastic trading opportunities,

cheers, P
cosmicspin7

The IPL is incredible for trading :D
Loads of money about and swings galore...
Cant ask for much more than that :mrgreen:
federer

cosmicspin7 wrote:The IPL is incredible for trading :D
Loads of money about and swings galore...
Cant ask for much more than that :mrgreen:
Ya there were nothing if the money is not there, but its going well at the moment. :)
ajimmyadams

i like ipl and my favorite team is royal challengers bangalore!
but i suggest that the inclusion of pakistani players made the tournaments more interesting!

gift to pakistan
Angeila

HI IPL Stands for India Premier League.and i love it.this is the best tournament for every country.Its provide us happiness. and i watch all the matches of IPL Tournaments.I watch all tournament matches.
The IPL is incredible for trading.i like ipl and my favorite team is royal challengers bangalore!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”