Melbourne Ashes

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
mcgoo

Got in Draw at 3.8 ..got out at 4.7 :mrgreen: Got in on Aus at 10 , out at 7.8. :mrgreen:
good cpl of days % wise(still small potato trader me ) :D Great knock by Mr Cook..good on him. I think England have a good chance at this one , especially with Starc out. Not sure which way it will go though.Pretty good chance at a draw which the 2.2 price reflects.Any thoughts from the pro's? Cheers :geek:
megarain

Hi,

Zombie warning .. this may or may not be coherent.

The hardest part of trading a test match, is staying awake. In such a high profile game, the market is 'clearly' wrong, less and less, and u
have to have the stamina to spot these opportunities. Inbred, is maybe the fact, they will happen at 4am or so .. local time when people are not thinking so clearly.

Anyway, these are the current factors.

Aus are winning 3-0

This is a dead rubber to them, and are missing Starc, who has cleaned up the tail so well, in all games.

Quite a few of the Aus team have had stomach bugs.

The 3 domestic games held at the ground this year, ended in a draw.

Some rain is forecast, for both the last 2 days.

Rain was forecast for day 3, and never arrived.

Cricviz has been showing Aus chance of winning, at 5% or less, for the last 2 days, and debate has been had on twitter.

Cricbuzz says Eng are in an impregnable position .. I sort of agree, and 13.0 for Aus, seems a max lay and go for a walk.

Melbourne is a ground where the games often appear to be heading for a draw, and stuff happens.

I wouldnt expect Aus to declare .. they will want to bat as long as they can.

(Eng lead 164 .. 1 wkt left)

Current prices :

Aus 13

Eng 2.08

Draw 2.26
mcgoo

Interesting.Thank you for the reply. I might just sit this one out & watch it unfold. Cheers
megarain

Aus 25-0 and draw 2.00

Have laid max. Either short term trade, or will dump in an hr.
megarain

Aus 53-1 .. Draw 2.3 .. taken profits .. back to hutch ..
megarain

So, the game ended in a draw .. which is a little unusual for Test macthes.

Here is the full 5 days graph.
Ashes - 4th test Dec 27 2017.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

I think Cricket is something I should put some effort into in 2018, seeing these type of threads/posts is certainly giving me itchy fingers
boardrep

Im surprised youre not into it Dallas ...cricket trading is very lucrative would say easier to learn than the Gee Gees ,Id be happy to trade my knowledge of the various forms for your automation skills ......;)
Dallas

boardrep wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:39 pm
Im surprised youre not into it Dallas ...cricket trading is very lucrative would say easier to learn than the Gee Gees ,Id be happy to trade my knowledge of the various forms for your automation skills ......;)
TBH I have never even fully understood all the rules so that's the first thing I need to learn, Then there are the different game types - all I know is the T20 may suit me better just because of the shorter time period and faster pace
boardrep

I remember you setting your skills to Tennis last year so cricket would be the same but your automation skills in cricket would yield better results I would guess once you understood the markets...youve helped me numerous times so if you have any questions I wil try to help
rjwills

Sorry to hijack this thread, is there any advice on trading cricket you'd freely give? I know research is the key generally, but really looking to trade a lot more t20, any advice greatfully received.
megarain

U could worse, than search on 'crunchyfrog' and look at the stats of back/lay in test matches.

Go thru old posts.

There are few short-cuts any more.
rjwills

Thanks a lot. Will do.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”