How to avoid losing even when you can't lose.

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Lafaso870

This is a very simple tactic but not often used by anyone but here it is and I hope one day it helps you.

When trading cricket you can get some nice swings as seen on other threads. These can result in some excellent profits in one day games and Twenty20.

But did you know if the result is a tie, all bets are void and money refunded? So what can you do once you have secured a nice fully hedged profit on a match? You may see that £50 green on both teams and sit back and think what a great job you have done. But if the game is a tie, you get NOTHING!

So how can you assure yourself of getting something from the game? You need to head over to another market called Tied Match. This market always trades around 1.02 - 1.03 and even if you take 1.05 (rarely need to go that high) you can lay at 1.05 for £50 you have locked in a win now no matter what.

If the game is NOT a tie, you lose £2.50 on the Tied match trade but win the previous trade on the match for which you are £50 green on both teams.

If the match IS a tie, you lose the original trade but no financial loss and WIN £47.50 (after commission) on the Tied match trade.

A simple but effective way to ensure your hard work is not for nothing should a tied match come and spoil your day.

Give it a lash. Here is the market for the match on now. Bangalore v Chennai Super Kings.

Alternatively you can just back YES for £2 at 28.00 here for the same result.

You would win £54 if it ends in a tie, easily covering your match odds trade.
CaerMyrddin

Nice tip, thank you.

It happened to me twice, curiously never when I had a redbook :D

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”