Ashes

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Point2Point

Any cricket traders out there. Any advice? I fancy having a play but haven't a clue what I am doing!
OnGoldWires

I don't pretend to be an expert, but I would suggest, from experience of the game, that there is a tendency, particularly in the commentary box, to underestimate a partnership (i.e. overestimate the likelihood of a wicket) just after a wicket has fallen and after a while (say after the partnership has reached 50) the opposite happens.

I would suggest that you are going to win more than you lose if you bet the batting team after the fall of a wicket. If the partnership reaches a respectable half partnership average (say 20?) you should expect to be able to lay for a small profit. If the partnership goes beyond the expected average, a further lay might be worthwhile considering.

I would also be wary of broadcast time lags. It might be wise, if you do have a lag, to bet between overs or during drinks breaks.
:!:
Please bear in mind that I have virtually no cricket betting experience, so I cannot testify as to actual market behaviour.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”