Ashes 2013

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
gazuty

So very very sad.

After the first test was hoping for a competitive series.

It is actually harder of recent times to follow Australia than to play for them. The reason is, they put one through the wringer so much.

It is not that they are not good enough. That is clear. England is better by far. But where is the application, the effort etc. For some of these guys, when they fail - oh well they still get a 7 figure income. Am I having an emotional reaction or a realistic reaction.
Westerner

Watching Aussie cricket isn't that bad. Still plenty of quality there.

You should have tried following the Welsh rugby team in the 90's.....now that was tough!
gazuty

Well done England on retaining the Ashes. Credit where it is due.

Good to see Australia with a strong showing in the third test. Hopefully this continues in the remainder of the series.

Summation thus far, Australian batting patchy. English bowling good. Australian bowling good. English batting good. Adjectives used on a scale of 4 terrible, patchy, good, great.
Lagos

is that 2.3M on the draw at 1.01?

some very brown pants about thanks to the Aussie declaration :lol:
Lagos

draw now 2

must be biggest gubbing ever on the cards ?
Golfer

Eng matched at 500+ for decent amounts...some massive books floating around.

Market going to be really jumpy in last 10.
Lagos

This is incredible the prices have been wrong since eng started batting.
pieterson out eng go 4, ....two balls later 2.6!
gazuty

Something of note in almost every test in England and now the first test in Australia.

There has been ample opportunity to back/lay and lay/back almost every result.

In just about every match just about every strategy got into serious green territory.

Why is this so? IMHO strong bowling attacks in both sides and brittle batting (Australia more brittle than England). This leads to large changes in position when wickets fall quickly. Wickets are more important than runs in test match cricket. It doesn't matter how many runs are made, the winning side needs to take 20 wickets. A contrast with 20/20 and one day cricket where runs are more important.

Good luck for the rest of the Ashes down under and long may it last that no matter your strategy you green out.
Naffman

I follow cricket but have never followed the market and I am so surprised at the volatility of it all. ATM, in my view, Aus are way too short at 1.22 with a chance of thunderstorms both today and tomorrow. And it seems everyone has forgotten how bad Australia's batters are and how good the English bowlers are.
nathaly63

First ashes test was a bit odd for England. They should take my tips on butting cook out as england's captain.

Ashes 2013-14: David Warner disrespectful - Alastair Cook
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/25076524
gazuty

Adelaide oval = Lay the draw?

Every cricket tragic in Australia thinks the Adelaide Oval is a batting friendly run machine very likely to produce a draw. After a big first innings by either side expect the draw to come in. And yet ?

"This is a new day, new city, new ground, new and less scary pitch. Much has been made of the Adelaide Oval's history of big scores, creating the expectation of a draw. In fact, that history shows that big first innings scores do not insure against defeat here, and that most matches proceed to a result anyway; only three of the last 22 Tests here were draws.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/ear ... z2mXaan9sV"

But, is history really a guide? Read the paragraph following the one I quoted above in the article.

Oh, and I'm expecting plenty of hindsight bias in Australia's odds this test as a result of the first test. Which is also subtext of the article.
Golfer

Not sure what to make of the prices after the 1st test, the pitch and Aus batting first.

Take historical data with a pinch of salt.

...sitting on my hands and hoping for early wickets.
burdo77

3 dropped catches in one day, this is dream for the aussies.

In addition, It's funny how the money has come for the Aussies in a big way, yet they were outsiders 2 weeks ago.
gazuty

So much volatility again today.

Almost any strategy should be green.

Hope you had a good one.
tweebie1999

I only see an Aussie win or a draw.

Australia are 273/ 5 with Clarke and Haddin at the crease. Both good players. Expect Australia to get 350 at least. If that is their score I don't see England getting much of a lead first innings. If you look at the way England won the ashes in England , it was somewhat fortunate. Now they have some inexperienced players in the top six, Carberry, Root and Stokes. Also Prior is low on runs recently. Confidence can't be great after such a poor loss in the first test and Trott having to go home. I hope I am wrong, but I will be on Australia or the draw.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”