Who says trading dogs is a waste of time?

We've gone to the dogs.
welshboy06

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:41 pm
welshboy06 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:38 pm
Im going to play around with the stop loss, trick is setting it so I don't cancel out a position that has only momentarily gone against me.
Have a look at setting something like this up to do that
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 56&t=11954
Thanks Dallas. This looks spot on! I've scoured theses forums for months, can't believe I didn't see that. Cheers

cybernet69 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:42 pm
welshboy06 wrote:
cybernet69 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:27 pm

Read your sentence again, you have the answer, if you look closely enough. ;)
Yeah I realise that the big chunks of money sitting in the 3rd price is a big indicator. But if it already taken a position and expecting the price to drop, then the money comes in and it drifts 10-20 ticks then I have to take the loss.
The price usually comes In a bit after that, but never close to where I entered.

Im going to play around with the stop loss, trick is setting it so I don't cancel out a position that has only momentarily gone against me.
Greyhounds = Favourite + LTA + WOM (Inner and Middle Only) = Place your trade at LTP or nip in front if the LTA is above average. Base your TP and SL on LTP and not current back/lay odds.
Yeah I saw something about only basing your WOM indicator on inner and middle. I'm guessing that this is done in settings? Change all the weightings from 33% to 50/50 for inner and middle and 0% for outer?

Cheers! You've been a great help the past few weeks Mike. Really appreciate it
YESWAY

What is the reason to have different volume matched on every race ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YESWAY

Compared to Memphis.
cybernet69

welshboy06 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:50 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:41 pm
welshboy06 wrote:
Have a look at setting something like this up to do that
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 56&t=11954
Thanks Dallas. This looks spot on! I've scoured theses forums for months, can't believe I didn't see that. Cheers

cybernet69 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:42 pm
welshboy06 wrote:

Yeah I realise that the big chunks of money sitting in the 3rd price is a big indicator. But if it already taken a position and expecting the price to drop, then the money comes in and it drifts 10-20 ticks then I have to take the loss.
The price usually comes In a bit after that, but never close to where I entered.

Greyhounds = Favourite + LTA + WOM (Inner and Middle Only) = Place your trade at LTP or nip in front if the LTA is above average. Base your TP and SL on LTP and not current back/lay odds.
Yeah I saw something about only basing your WOM indicator on inner and middle. I'm guessing that this is done in settings? Change all the weightings from 33% to 50/50 for inner and middle and 0% for outer?

Cheers! You've been a great help the past few weeks Mike. Really appreciate it
When I calculate the WOM I use all the money on Inner and Middle, totally ignoring the outer (3rd) column. I just use the WOM for confirmation, the big indicator is the LTA.
Naffman

It looks like his bot only updates a few second after the official off whereas yours is a few minutes :)
cybernet69

Naffman wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:10 pm
It looks like his bot only updates a few second after the official off whereas yours is a few minutes :)
Me ?
YESWAY

"cybernet69" What would LTA, TP and SL present ?
cybernet69

YESWAY wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:28 pm
"cybernet69" What would LTA, TP and SL present ?
LTA = Last Traded Amount. Currently you don't have access to that in Guardian automation but could do it via Excel etc.
TP = Take Profit or Offset
SL = Stoploss
YESWAY

Can you share spreadsheet that can calculate LTA to the public ?
Naffman

cybernet69 wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:17 pm
Naffman wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:10 pm
Me ?
No Yesway's question :)
YESWAY

No, it is GBP vs EUR. Sorry, my mistake.
Naffman

Ah right that explains it!
Dallas

Average traded volume per race during each hour of the day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deggsy10

Very confused. How on earth are you supposed to trade on greyhounds with so little liquidity? I have just opened up a greyhound race out of curiosity. The race had only 2 mins to go before the off and the total amount of money matched was £25! Even with 30 seconds left it had still only gone up to £1000. There were also gaps all over the place and no money at all on the lay side.
cybernet69

deggsy10 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:49 pm
Very confused. How on earth are you supposed to trade on greyhounds with so little liquidity? I have just opened up a greyhound race out of curiosity. The race had only 2 mins to go before the off and the total amount of money matched was £25! Even with 30 seconds left it had still only gone up to £1000. There were also gaps all over the place and no money at all on the lay side.
Wait for races that have minimum of 5k matched, place trades from 2 minutes out. But beware dogs very difficult to master.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”