Greyhound Scalping and Trading

We've gone to the dogs.
tomallen123

I tried creating a greyhound scalping bot but the problem I had was that there would be many big moves which made scalping impossible.
The price would be at 5.4 and someone would take it down to 4.5 in one hit and then it would continue downwards. This type of thing seemed to happen in most races, huge moves which took the lay and left me in a bad position.
I would get a few profitable scalps on the other runners but one big move on a dog and it would leave me in the red.
Im also amazed by how many bets you get matched and at such high stakes. My scalping bot would sometimes have races where only 3-4 bets would be matched, at £2 stakes and this was when I was always near the front of the queue.

This is amazingly impressive if true (Sorry for the cynicism!)
pete15

top work again ! i look on ladder at back prices on ladder in last 2 minutes and there dosent seem to be many gaps at all becuase of the cross matching bot , whatever you are doing its working well ;)
cybernet69

tomallen123 wrote:I tried creating a greyhound scalping bot but the problem I had was that there would be many big moves which made scalping impossible.
The price would be at 5.4 and someone would take it down to 4.5 in one hit and then it would continue downwards. This type of thing seemed to happen in most races, huge moves which took the lay and left me in a bad position.
I would get a few profitable scalps on the other runners but one big move on a dog and it would leave me in the red.
Im also amazed by how many bets you get matched and at such high stakes. My scalping bot would sometimes have races where only 3-4 bets would be matched, at £2 stakes and this was when I was always near the front of the queue.

This is amazingly impressive if true (Sorry for the cynicism!)
Well, It's not a photoshop image.

You also need to be aware of the back book% as it is a dead give away with Greyhounds as too how much the odds will jump!!!!. ;) You should either ignore or be very careful around races which have an odds on favourite!!! ;)
cybernet69

pete15 wrote:top work again ! i look on ladder at back prices on ladder in last 2 minutes and there dosent seem to be many gaps at all becuase of the cross matching bot , whatever you are doing its working well ;)
The gaps do appear, obviously. The problem is trying to-do it manually will mean ones eyes are often not quick enough. No offence.
cybernet69

Another piece of advice is...

Make sure the best back price is below the last traded price (LTP)

;)
pete15

see what you mean !
pete15

do you leave the bets in until matched or use fill or kill ??
cybernet69

pete15 wrote:do you leave the bets in until matched or use fill or kill ??
10 second fill or kill, repeat every 5 seconds.
PeterLe

Cyber
Nice work
Are these real trades or in practice mode?
Regards
Peter
Dallas

pete15 wrote:im sure you can put us in the right direction !!! :)
Ill be adding 1 or 2 more bots over the next few days which will be for the Greyhounds markets in addition to the one Euler linked to on the previous page
cybernet69

PeterLe wrote:Cyber
Nice work
Are these real trades or in practice mode?
Regards
Peter
Real trades.

Thanks,
PeterLe

Great work anyway - It makes all the effort worthwhile when you get something working
Look; Ill probably not be too popular saying this; but if you detail exactly what your doing in a public forum, your strategy will most probably stop working overnight as everyone will attempt to do the same thing.
Good luck (Keep good notes going forward if you make any slight changes so you can look backwards etc)
Regards
Peter
cybernet69

PeterLe wrote:Great work anyway - It makes all the effort worthwhile when you get something working
Look; Ill probably not be too popular saying this; but if you detail exactly what your doing in a public forum, your strategy will most probably stop working overnight as everyone will attempt to do the same thing.
Good luck (Keep good notes going forward if you make any slight changes so you can look backwards etc)
Regards
Peter
Thanks.

PS. I haven't given away all my secrets. ;)
Crazyskier

[quote="tomallen123"]I tried creating a greyhound scalping bot but the problem I had was that there would be many big moves which made scalping impossible.
/quote]

Yes, I seem to get the same problem quite often. I can go on a run of 4-5 consistent winners only to have a lay pop in at say 5s then in a matter of a single trade of as little as £80 by others the odds are then 3.8 and continue downwards, leaving me with a big fat red amount equal to the previous 4-5 wins LOL

Frustrating to try to get consistent results over 1000+ sample size... I continue persevering...

And congratulations to Cybernet if you have indeed swapped the £100 liability simulation trades into real cash trades with the same success. The screenshots are incredible, I'm nowhere near that consistency!!
cybernet69

Crazyskier wrote:
tomallen123 wrote:I tried creating a greyhound scalping bot but the problem I had was that there would be many big moves which made scalping impossible.
/quote]

Yes, I seem to get the same problem quite often. I can go on a run of 4-5 consistent winners only to have a lay pop in at say 5s then in a matter of a single trade of as little as £80 by others the odds are then 3.8 and continue downwards, leaving me with a big fat red amount equal to the previous 4-5 wins LOL

Frustrating to try to get consistent results over 1000+ sample size... I continue persevering...

And congratulations to Cybernet if you have indeed swapped the £100 liability simulation trades into real cash trades with the same success. The screenshots are incredible, I'm nowhere near that consistency!!
You need to take into account the back book% is before you fire the trades in. I trade every dog in the race, so the odds on all of them cant drop otherwise the book would be totally unbalanced which would lead to all the other bots and manual traders scrambling to take any odds on offer to close out their positions...

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”