Market Suspending Early

We've gone to the dogs.
chris2785

I've noticed some greyhound markets suspend sometimes upto 30sec before the off, this can leave you high and dry with open trades, anyone know the reason?
Dallas

Dont really recall many being as much as 30 seconds before the off but its comon for Greyhounds races to go off 2-10 seconds ahead off its official post time so market will be suspended as soon as it does.
For that reason unless you have the pictures on its worth getting into the habit of exiting before those final seconds
cybernet69

It's fairly frequent for greyhounds to go off upto 30 seconds before the scheduled start time.

It seems to happen far more at Swindon than any other stadium. The highest I have ever seen is 35 seconds when one of the dogs was pulled from the race.
chris2785

This is happening more and more, sun night virtually each market, it makes trading greyhounds impossible. See enclosed screen shot, this was actually 48 seconds, but the time had dropped by the time I had opened the snipping tool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chris2785

It makes trading greyhounds obsolete.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

chris2785 wrote:This is happening more and more, sun night virtually each market, it makes trading greyhounds impossible. See enclosed screen shot, this was actually 48 seconds, but the time had dropped by the time I had opened the snipping tool.
Had the last 6 races up and none where suspended untill after the offical off. Did you see anymore after the two you posted above?
to75ne

make sure your system clock is functioning correctly - the current time it shows is the correct uk time (down to the last second).
gutuami

there's <take sp> option for those late bets
chris2785

Thanks, it may of been a blip, its been ok since... It just makes you mad when you have trades open.
sionascaig

I spent around 4 weeks in the summer playing with greyhound automation and experienced a lot of early starts on some days (fine on others) & I didn't pick up any specific pattern... Ended up using the Take SP rule (as mentioned previously) and greening up at 40 secs to go....

This helps but you miss a lot of the late money & and can be exposed to large late moves (very common). Better than an exposed position though )
chris2785

Thanks for your help. Chris

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”