Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
Naffman

Dim wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:46 pm
7.42 at Sheff was interesting today, got suspended 19 s before the off and reopened 8 s before the start .
Just took a look and it did it again on the 19:52 as well, bloody didn't take my back bets at SP either as that had already been 'set'
BetScalper

Its been said before so we will say it again, If your trading on Greyhounds in the UK then you need to be out one way or the other at the 30 second mark. Many will be out at the 50 second mark.

You have been warned, so stop complaining about it. The on-track bookie, dog owner, track owner, TV company or the person who waters the track incorrectly doesn't care about your trades or what time you placed them.
Naffman

Alright mate settle down...and if you actually watched the market they weren't even off, the market suspended then came back again
Kai

BetScalper wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:00 pm
Its been said before so we will say it again, If your trading on Greyhounds in the UK then you need to be out one way or the other at the 30 second mark. Many will be out at the 50 second mark.

You have been warned, so stop complaining about it. The on-track bookie, dog owner, track owner, TV company or the person who waters the track incorrectly doesn't care about your trades or what time you placed them.
Sounds like someone's having a bad day already :?
sionascaig

BetScalper wrote:

I used to think that too however the problem was a simple as my PC clock being out (slow) by 30 secs or so... Peter posted some helpful advice, specifically use of the NetTime tool (timesynctool.com) and most of my problems disappeared - there is some discussion on this & I think early start time somewhere on this thread...

==> Quite relaxed about it all now with a safety bot running in the background, take SP and green outs 10 to 20secs after start of racetime... You can also stick in a time since market suspended condition to help cater for the example mentioned.
BetScalper

Kai wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:59 pm
BetScalper wrote:

Sounds like someone's having a bad day already :?
Not at all because I am always out at the 50 seconds mark. :)
Dim

I wish all greyhound markets could be like today's evening races, quite stable markets, great liquidity, scalpers paradise :D Enjoyed this session :D
Thebest147

William hill live video have greyhounds all day long and it's free so no excuse to be caught out, I think it's w hill main page then go to media then it's self explanatory after that
Trader Pat

Thebest147 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:19 am
William hill live video have greyhounds all day long and it's free so no excuse to be caught out, I think it's w hill main page then go to media then it's self explanatory after that
Live video is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to greyhounds. I've seen markets suspending 1-2 minutes before the dogs are even put into the traps. There doesn't seem to be any logic to when most dogs markets are suspended.
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:26 pm
Thebest147 wrote:
Live video is pretty much irrelevant when it comes to greyhounds. I've seen markets suspending 1-2 minutes before the dogs are even put into the traps. There doesn't seem to be any logic to when most dogs markets are suspended.
'Live' video is a bit of a misnomer when it's a minute behind, but I use it just to see what happened sometimes if I'm left with shades of green rather than an even green. There's not much to learn from seeing dogs being lifted into boxes like there is with loading horses anyway.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:42 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:26 pm
Thebest147 wrote:
'Live' video is a bit of a misnomer when it's a minute behind, but I use it just to see what happened sometimes if I'm left with shades of green rather than an even green. There's not much to learn from seeing dogs being lifted into boxes like there is with loading horses anyway.
So you're not a believer of backing big when a dog takes a dump Shaun?! :P :D
Dim

Trading this evening was all about opening a lay position some time off on a favorit and closing it for a profit later. I think it was possible to trade blaindly , incredible, so many of drifing favs today
BetScalper

Dim wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:07 pm
Trading this evening was all about opening a lay position some time off on a favorit and closing it for a profit later. I think it was possible to trade blaindly , incredible, so many of drifing favs today
Nothing unique about tonight when using that method. It happens every day, in the morning, afternoon and evening.

The knack is spotting when a greyhound's price is far lower than expected for no apparent reason. i.e. Volume, distance winner, course winner and speed rating.

There are experts at spotting them, some of whom are on this very forum.

One simple way (not fool proof) is to check a fav's price compared to its traded volume compared to the other runners prices and volumes. If you see an in balance then either lay or back it. You will be surprised how often you make a profit. ;)
Dim

BetScalper wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:32 pm
Dim wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:07 pm
Nothing unique about tonight when using that method. It happens every day, in the morning, afternoon and evening.

The knack is spotting when a greyhound's price is far lower than expected for no apparent reason. i.e. Volume, distance winner, course winner and speed rating.

There are experts at spotting them, some of whom are on this very forum.

One simple way (not fool proof) is to check a fav's price compared to its traded volume compared to the other runners prices and volumes. If you see an in balance then either lay or back it. You will be surprised how often you make a profit. ;)
I am surprised :shock: literally every fav was layed
Moving from football, as season is almost over to greyhounds. So many opportunities in these markets! :D :D
dmbusa

Got caught out by the randomness of the suspension a couple of times today or rather the automation did. Stupidly I had forgotten to change the green all rule timing to 50 seconds when I copied the rules over from horse racing

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”