Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
The Silk Run

Backing [not Dutch] the last three in order of favouritism minimum 6 runners 120 sec out you will be pleasantly surprised !!! And then refine ....
ShaunWhite

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:32 pm
Backing [not Dutch] the last three in order of favouritism minimum 6 runners 120 sec out you will be pleasantly surprised !!! And then refine ....
Is there any chance you could post your stats on that because looking at the 12,516 UK dogs that qualified in August and using 2% commission I get the results below (top chart)?

I guess you're using data to look at this too and I wonder if you're getting the better results as shown in the bottom chart as a result of hindsighting, ie using the bsp order of favouritism which you won't know at -120s ?

Both charts to a £1 level stake.
Screenshot_6.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
ShaunWhite

These simple things never work but I thought I'd run the numbers for you so you don't have to just take my word for it.

I also did a quick test on 1, 2, 3, & 4 outsiders for you too. (just the 6 dog races as above).
Screenshot_10.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Silk Run

Good morning Shaun

Unfortunately, other than interrogating my P&L I have no historical data to support this, it was sometime early July, following trials.

I tested LIVE using 00.01p level stakes taking LTP at 120 seconds pre-race. I was quite surprised by the results averaging 60% strike rate. That was at random, so this could be refined somewhat ....
ShaunWhite

The Silk Run wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:35 am
Good morning Shaun

Unfortunately, other than interrogating my P&L I have no historical data to support this, it was sometime early July, following trials.

I tested LIVE using 00.01p level stakes taking LTP at 120 seconds pre-race. I was quite surprised by the results averaging 60% strike rate. That was at random, so this could be refined somewhat ....
Cool, I wasn't trying to find fault but seeing as you'd been good enough to share I thought it only right to reciprocate with what I'd found out about it. In fairness you did say it would need refining.

It does give me a chance to use my new word of the day though 'ipsedixitism' :)
The Silk Run

Good evening Shaun

A welcome contribution and a fresh pair of eyes always welcome, indeed.
Would you consider exploring this further. If so, I would be interested to know how you get on ...

Good luck
Minnie LAI
dadof2uk

Hi All (First Post),

So I've fired up BA on Betdaq and had a go at the dogs.... Is it me or is the lack of liquidity a joke? I've seen Peter sink a grand into BF on the nags quicker than I can get 20p matched on the favorite at the 21:28 in Doncaster.

But seriously, I'm a complete novice so is it me or is Greyhound Trading on Betdaq a pointless exercise other that to learn the functionality of Bet Angel ?

Thanks,
Dallas

dadof2uk wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:39 pm
Hi All (First Post),

So I've fired up BA on Betdaq and had a go at the dogs.... Is it me or is the lack of liquidity a joke? I've seen Peter sink a grand into BF on the nags quicker than I can get 20p matched on the favorite at the 21:28 in Doncaster.

But seriously, I'm a complete novice so is it me or is Greyhound Trading on Betdaq a pointless exercise other that to learn the functionality of Bet Angel ?

Thanks,
Volume on Betdaq is much lower across all sports compared to Betfair, sometimes it can work in your favour ie, during larger racing meetings. but markets that are relatively low volume on Betfair to start with are almost nonexistent on Betdaq
Archery1969

dadof2uk wrote:
Hi All (First Post),

Thanks,
There is an opportunity there for you to create your own market. Think outside the box.
dadof2uk

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:34 pm
dadof2uk wrote:
Hi All (First Post),

Thanks,
There is an opportunity there for you to create your own market. Think outside the box.
Early days for me. I just wan't to participate in markets, not make them.
spreadbetting

No point in making a market if there's no mugs around to take the poor prices. You can be certain any value prices will be taken though.
dadof2uk

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:43 pm
No point in making a market if there's no mugs around to take the poor prices. You can be certain any value prices will be taken though.
I must admit, I was kind of wondering how you could make a market if I can't even get 20p matched. Unless it was a case of placing trades at opposite ends of a range to try and initiate/stimulate a market and hope to take advantage of anyone else who then participates. But, as you say, you're not going to make money being the only person in the market.
The Silk Run

Hi Hi dadof2uk

As others have recommended, switch to Betfair Exchange for Greyhound markets, you will have no problem filling an order for 0.20p, regardless of liquidity.

I LIVE test all my works using between 0.01p - 0.10p with liquidity sometimes as low as GBP 50.00 !!! NO problem, like Candy ...

Good luck
Minnie LAI
Vaz0202

Modified my Greyhound bot earlier today and seem to be picking up some crumbs from the market. I usually seal the fate of my automation by making a post like this.

It is very much a case of looking after the pennies :lol:
Vaz0202

Needless to say, it went to the dogs.

We try again tomorrow

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”