Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
ShaunWhite

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:56 pm
I'm probably being dumb here but can someone explain SP in $'s to me please ?
It's the return to $1 stakes so it's the equiv of our SP, unless one of our Antipodean colleagues knows different.
ShaunWhite

JasBarrow wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:23 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:37 pm
I only posted mine up previously to show I was actually getting somewhere (for once). Just one of those milestone moments.
I for one am glad you did.

Its great to see whats possible with the software and a little hard work and imagination
Some people are coy about how they're doing and how long it's taken but I don't suffer from that, so in the interest of transparency.....
Screenshot_4.png
I'm confident now that the trend will continue, my upswing has lasted for close to 2 years now and over 400,000 selections, so I think natural varience can be ruled out. Keep at it, I just hope it doesn't take you as long as me. Spot the 10 years in the wilderness after an utterly miserable and ruinous attempt back in 06! The big difference was that this time I was determined to lose slower, so I could keep at it long enough to learn the necessary lessons.

I get your milestone moment sniffer, celebrate it, mine was getting to £1 lifetime profit and exorcising a few ghosts. £1 big deal eh, but it was for me, back in 2018 I was only a few grand from pulling the plug again.

Other people manage it much faster and my returns are still peanuts compared to the 7 figure hotshots, but it's about personal targets rather than comparisons with other people imo. tbh even the biggest on here (with one or two exceptions) would look pretty modest compared to the genuinely big players and syndicates so I don't take much notice of who's waving their little willy around. I'm looking forward to seeing someone here post a 6 figure 3 months rather than a 3 figure 6 hours, that said, the guys I know who could do that are a bit past all that Gordon Gecko style waving wads of cash around.

lol Jas..."a lttle hard work". You might want to recalibrate that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CallumPerry

Well done Shaun!

I've said it previously (behind your back probably) and I'll say it again, you are one of the biggest sources of inspiration on this forum. It is great to see that you have achieved your goal, best of luck with the next one! It's looking very healthy.

Love your honesty and transparency! Hopefully, one day, I'll be able to show you one of my 6 figures in 3 months screenshots. If I ever get to that stage, you and several others on this forum would be to thank.

Keep it green :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Archery1969

I can post a 3 figure negative in about 3 minutes, just waiting for the last race to be declared. :)
NickH

Great job all and love the transparancy!
JasBarrow

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:38 pm
I'm realising that every day :D
ShaunWhite

CallumPerry wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:22 pm
I've said it previously (behind your back probably) and I'll say it again, you are one of the biggest sources of inspiration on this forum.
:oops: That's very kind of you to say that Callum, that was never my intention but it's nice to hear. It's cheesy but it says 'community' at the top of the page, so I always took that to mean it's a place to reach out, or help out, or just generally have disgreements and agreements about the topic we all love so much. I've learnt a lot from a few people here too, the main reason I crashed so badly in 06 was because the info and social side just wasn't there or wasn't easy to find. Nowadays I think there's probably too much info if anything.

It's a funny setup though, as soon as the gloves come off and the markets start we're all trying to empty each others banks no matter how friendly it's been :)
gazuty

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:24 am
It's cheesy but it says 'community' at the top of the page, so I always took that to mean it's a place to reach out, or help out, or just generally have disgreements and agreements about the topic we all love so much. I've learnt a lot from a few people here too, the main reason I crashed so badly in 06 was because the info and social side just wasn't there or wasn't easy to find. Nowadays I think there's probably too much info if anything.
Well said. I like the community side too.
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:24 am
It's a funny setup though, as soon as the gloves come off and the markets start we're all trying to empty each others banks no matter how friendly it's been :)
Yep, shake hands (bump elbows at the end) but in the market I'm out (or my bots are) for all green.
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:41 am
Yep, shake hands (bump elbows at the end) but in the market I'm out (or my bots are) for all green.
Every market is a shark tank, there's no friendly kick around games. It's easy to forget that any market will only ever yield a certain amount of profit, and with so many grabbing more than one slice of the pie it makes fighting for the crumbs a tough gig. I can mix some more metaphores if you like but you get the general idea. ;)

Ding ding, seconds out......
gazuty

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:08 am
It's easy to forget that any market will only ever yield a certain amount of profit
Yep, one of my friends asked me whether my edge is scaleable. He doesn't get that it is .... but only to a point and I long ago found that point. For each edge there is a maximum market profit and if others have the same or a very similar edge then one ends up in a battle to extract the most without turning it all red.

But I've got the music cranked ... "To be a rock and not to roll"

Oh and brining it back to topic thread in case anyone thinks I've gone soft.
(and yes its an edited screen shot I used the eraser to just show the hounds).

tempsnip.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
JasBarrow wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:37 pm
I only posted mine up previously to show I was actually getting somewhere (for once). Just one of those milestone moments.

Its great to see whats possible with the software and a little hard work and imagination
Some people are coy about how they're doing and how long it's taken but I don't suffer from that, so in the interest of transparency.....
Screenshot_4.png
I'm confident now that the trend will continue, my upswing has lasted for close to 2 years now and over 400,000 selections, so I think natural varience can be ruled out. Keep at it, I just hope it doesn't take you as long as me. Spot the 10 years in the wilderness after an utterly miserable and ruinous attempt back in 06! The big difference was that this time I was determined to lose slower, so I could keep at it long enough to learn the necessary lessons.

I get your milestone moment sniffer, celebrate it, mine was getting to £1 lifetime profit and exorcising a few ghosts. £1 big deal eh, but it was for me, back in 2018 I was only a few grand from pulling the plug again.

Other people manage it much faster and my returns are still peanuts compared to the 7 figure hotshots, but it's about personal targets rather than comparisons with other people imo. tbh even the biggest on here (with one or two exceptions) would look pretty modest compared to the genuinely big players and syndicates so I don't take much notice of who's waving their little willy around. I'm looking forward to seeing someone here post a 6 figure 3 months rather than a 3 figure 6 hours, that said, the guys I know who could do that are a bit past all that Gordon Gecko style waving wads of cash around.

Nice work, good post.

2018 was a turnaround year for me too, in a slightly different way. After attending Peter's Masterclass, I looked inward, and found certain things worked better than others, even though I preferred the markets that were losing for me. (Horse Racing) :roll:

I had to admit to myself that there were better traders out there that were perusing the horse racing markets and my own trading style/methods weren't good enough long term. However, straight win or lays were best for me and still are.

By contrast, football is the main earner (trading) and with access to data from a variety of websites (free), gives me the knowledge and confidence to get in position, with or without special software or automation files. (although semi-automation works well)

Greyhounds work better for me in a similar way to horse racing. (straight wins/lays) It might actually over-take horse racing as Archery and others have re-ignited my interest after the closures of White City/Wembley/Harringay/Walthamstow many moons ago....
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:21 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
JasBarrow wrote:

Screenshot_4.png

Nice work, good post.

2018 was a turnaround year for me too, in a slightly different way. After attending Peter's Masterclass, I looked inward, and found certain things worked better than others, even though I preferred the markets that were losing for me. (Horse Racing) :roll:

I had to admit to myself that there were better traders out there that were perusing the horse racing markets and my own trading style/methods weren't good enough long term. However, straight win or lays were best for me and still are.

By contrast, football is the main earner (trading) and with access to data from a variety of websites (free), gives me the knowledge and confidence to get in position, with or without special software or automation files. (although semi-automation works well)

Greyhounds work better for me in a similar way to horse racing. (straight wins/lays) It might actually over-take horse racing as Archery and others have re-ignited my interest after the closures of White City/Wembley/Harringay/Walthamstow many moons ago....
Never understood why Walthamstow closed. :( Bloody property developers. Utter scum in my book.

Had allot of fun there in the late 1990's, don't think i ever won a single race. Not much has changed there then. :)

Was always packed and some of the waiting staff, well, those are stories i will take to my grave. :lol:
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:30 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:21 am
ShaunWhite wrote:

Screenshot_4.png

Nice work, good post.

Never understood why Walthamstow closed. :( Bloody property developers. Utter scum in my book.

Had allot of fun there in the late 1990's, don't think i ever won a single race. Not much has changed there then. :)

Was always packed and some of the waiting staff, well, those are stories i will take to my grave. :lol:
Belle Vue likely to close next, which would be a blow for the North-West racegoers.

Harry Findlay nearly got things going with Coventry a few years ago, but the greyhound hirearchy was disjointed and couldn't/wouldn't play ball.

Towcester greyhounds set to re-open as the owner of Henlow signed a 10 year lease, might also be the home of the Derby..eventually...
MAGTRADEUK

In Grayhounds, are there differences between markets, at Doncaster today the race just went "suspended", then nothing, then result. Are courses different? as with this race you couldn't trade it as it just went suspended then nothing? Not into greyhounds really but was looking at using it for testing some automation, obviously if the prices don't update in running then it wont be worth trying to use it. Many thanks
Dallas

MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:04 am
In Grayhounds, are there differences between markets, at Doncaster today the race just went "suspended", then nothing, then result. Are courses different? as with this race you couldn't trade it as it just went suspended then nothing? Not into greyhounds really but was looking at using it for testing some automation, obviously if the prices don't update in running then it wont be worth trying to use it. Many thanks
Betfair don't offer in-play betting on greyhound markets

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”