Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
BetScalper

RonObvious wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:15 pm
Further to my previous post about unpredictable off times I've just watched a market go off 3 minutes late but the really interesting thing was the amount of money still in the market and being traded right up until the market suspends and this is every race.

With it being impossible to judge when greyhound markets will suspend arent these people playing with fire big time? I cant understand how these people arent taking big losses all voer the place
Nope.

Most of them are on course bookies laying bets on the exchange, so they know what time the race will actually start, as they are too some extent controlling the start times. On a numer of occasions I have seen them speaking to race officials, which looks very suspect indeed. And hey presto the race goes off early or late. The only people who get caught out are the mugs sitting at home with no clue on what is actually happening at the track.
RonObvious

I cant believe all the money being traded after post time is from bookies. These are just normal amounts of money backing and laying 5's 10' 20's hundreds of times per minute no different to the sums being traded in the 2-3 minutes before post time.

As for knowing when the race will start thats different to when Betfair suspends the market. I've spent hours watching live video on the dogs and there is no discernible pattern at all to when the market will suspend. You can open a video and see that the dogs are nowhere near the boxes but the market will suspend and it will be another 2-3 minutes before the race starts, other times the market will suspend as the dogs go in the boxes, other times again its somewhere between the two.
spreadbetting

RonObvious wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:15 pm
Further to my previous post about unpredictable off times I've just watched a market go off 3 minutes late but the really interesting thing was the amount of money still in the market and being traded right up until the market suspends and this is every race.

With it being impossible to judge when greyhound markets will suspend arent these people playing with fire big time? I cant understand how these people arent taking big losses all voer the place
Most of the UK dogs are streamed live these days so people can see if a market is delayed and carry on trading til the dogs start loading. I bot the dog markets and do OK. You have to remember with big losses come big wins also, so it's very much swings and roundabouts once you've turned over large numbers of markets.
RonObvious

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:13 pm
Most of the UK dogs are streamed live these days so people can see if a market is delayed and carry on trading til the dogs start loading.
Thats my point though, I've watched live video thinking oh thats fine dogs are nowhere near the boxes and then the market suspends, there doesnt seem to be any logic to it at all. And this happens all the time where you think theres plenty of time to the race starting but the market suspends regardless.

I'm starting to think automation is the way forward :)
Naffman

Why does it seem pretty much all dog markets have 3/1+ favourites?

In Aus they're mostly 2.0-3.0
megarain

Its mostly Bags stuff.

Bookies want mkts they can easily bet to 128%, and service the shops.

Thy pay for the product. Get what they want. Fair enuf.
sionascaig

Not sure what happened in the 19:17 Doncaster but suspended early (19:16:39), then bets refunded...
Emmson

14.06 at Monmore has finished but market was never suspended and winner is still backable at 1.62 about 3 mins after race was completed.
Emmson

That was an EGREGIOUS error by Betfair and if they decide to void the market I will be punished because of their sheer incompetence and I never placed any bets after 14.05. Decided it was immoral to back the winner after the race had been completed so I never did any of that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Emmson wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:11 pm
14.06 at Monmore has finished but market was never suspended and winner is still backable at 1.62 about 3 mins after race was completed.
Quick someone wake up, Derek ;)
Emmson

OK I just got payed out which I'm happy with. I assume those who backed winner minutes after race was completed also got payed out.
Euler

A lot of stuff is automated at Betfair now so they wouldn't have spotted it unless somebody flagged it to them.
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:50 pm
OK I just got payed out which I'm happy with. I assume those who backed winner minutes after race was completed also got payed out.
Any bet placed after the off time should be voided.
dragontrades

16.58 has not settled right.
nearly all of my bets are missing
Derek27

Does greyhound racing have steward's inquiries?

Do dogs ever get disqualified for interference, biting, etc?

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”