Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
LeTiss

Yeah I agree with that. I can understand why Peter Webb would show P+L figures, as ultimately he wants people to see the benefit of trading, so he can flog his product. It's a bit like a guy selling burglar alarms, and part of his sales pitch is to show photos of burgled houses first.

However, if you're not selling a product, why would you show P+L to anybody else?
It either means they are bullshitters, or they are insecure and want to enter into a dick swinging contest
Iron

+1

I think that, if a newbie has a really good day and feels they are making progress, and posts, 'I've made 50p today using £2 stakes, which is my highest total yet. Buzzing!', that's fine.

But, yeah, to post that you've made £500 in an afternoon when most people have to work bloody hard to make that much money is a bit crass.

Jeff
LeTiss wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:25 pm
Yeah I agree with that. I can understand why Peter Webb would show P+L figures, as ultimately he wants people to see the benefit of trading, so he can flog his product. It's a bit like a guy selling burglar alarms, and part of his sales pitch is to show photos of burgled houses first.

However, if you're not selling a product, why would you show P+L to anybody else?
It either means they are bullshitters, or they are insecure and want to enter into a dick swinging contest
Emmson

Wrong! I posted 2 videos of cricket games that were still in play to demonstrate how it could be done in a believable way.
mcgoo

I seem to be on a posting fizz (not quite a frenzy) this evening. :geek:
Results (if genuine) showing profit from automated bots are personally of interest to me because 1. You want to trust in the product and know its possible 2. Someone out there is smart enough to do it which is encouragement 3. Its definitely possible(again) as it is easy to think it is not.We are all in this together so one hopes for a strong integrity/sincerity gene- Life is hard enough otherwise :D
Iron

mcgoo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:15 am
We are all in this together.
Not saying you're wrong, but don't forget that, in the market, your fellow forum members wish to divest you of your money. :)

Jeff
mcgoo

Ferru123 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:48 am
mcgoo wrote:
We are all in this together.
Not saying you're wrong, but don't forget that, in the market, your fellow forum members wish to divest you of your money. :)

Jeff
Appreciated :D .Detail for another time and place perhaps- but I guess I am influenced by a once in a generation martial arts man who can do seemingly magical things, who says most of what we do ...that counts ...is for each other(the advice from you is perhaps another proof of that ;) :D ) ...and there is enough to go round.After 10+ years I am starting to believe him....
Last edited by mcgoo on Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeTiss

Yes I've always held that rather cynical, yet realisitic attitude, Jeff

We are all circulating money here, and it's impossible for everybody to succeed at trading, as there needs to be losers for the winners to profit. If Peter Webb makes £1000 today, he hasn't taken a penny from Betfair - all that money has come from other Betfair users, a number of them are probably his own customers
to75ne

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:03 am
Yes I've always held that rather cynical, yet realisitic attitude, Jeff

We are all circulating money here, and it's impossible for everybody to succeed at trading, as there needs to be losers for the winners to profit.
Amen.
Euler

I'd imagine the best educated Betfair users with the best tools will win against all others in the same market but also against punters and price insensitive exchange users. So it's probably not a zero-sum game for that bunch. I doubt I win that much from Bet Angel users as they are using the same tool as me.
Iron

A tool is only as useful as the person holding it is skillful.

If I remember correctly, you once described yourself as being better than 99.9% of people who have ever traded the exchanges.

Surely it therefore follows that BA users of average skill are likely to lose money to you.

Jeff
Euler wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:19 pm
I doubt I win that much from Bet Angel users as they are using the same tool as me.
Euler

Jeff, you need to get out of the mindset of having a negative spin on things. Be realistic, yes, but unnecessarily negative, no. You find opportunity by opening doors, not closing them.
megarain

Euler wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 pm
Jeff, you need to get out of the mindset of having a negative spin on things. Be realistic, yes, but unnecessarily negative, no. You find opportunity by opening doors, not closing them.
100%
spreadbetting

mcgoo wrote:
I seem to be on a posting fizz (not quite a frenzy) this evening. :geek:
Results (if genuine) showing profit from automated bots are personally of interest to me because 1. You want to trust in the product and know its possible 2. Someone out there is smart enough to do it which is encouragement 3. Its definitely possible(again) as it is easy to think it is not.We are all in this together so one hopes for a strong integrity/sincerity gene- Life is hard enough otherwise :D
As a fellow 'botter' I agree, what Jeff may see as crass I actually find quite valuable to see what stage the 'opposition' is at. Whether they're genuine or faked is usually easy enough to spot and some gentle goading can reveal worthwhile info if needed.

At the end of the day we're on a trading forum if people want to post up a decent day so be it, they're easy to ignore. If someone was waving their £500 afternoon on a homeless forum it may well be crass but we're all in this to make money so no need to be too coy about it.
sionascaig

Will be interesting to see how the bots do this morning with the big delays (2 hrs) to Sheffield & Sunderland - might want to switch them off...
Dallas

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:49 am
Will be interesting to see how the bots do this morning with the big delays (2 hrs) to Sheffield & Sunderland - might want to switch them off...
Why the delay... Is it snow?

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”