Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
gta2003

Hi all, I was wondering if someone knows when greyhound racing starts finishing later again (around 22:30 as opposed to 21:45ish at the moment).

Many thanks in advance
Matt
sionascaig

Sunderland 11:34 seemed to go off 30 secs early... Not noticed many early starts recently so stood out a bit... Resetting clocks just in case )
onemichael

It did go off early. I was lucky I was left with an open lay on the 1 dog.
northbound

In the last year trading dogs, Swindon and Sunderland have been the only tracks I remember starting races 30secs earlier, every now and then.

Although in recent weeks this seemed to have stopped, I always try and close trades 30secs before the off.
sionascaig

northbound wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Although in recent weeks this seemed to have stopped, I always try and close trades 30secs before the off.
I moved to +5secs to -5secs after Peters post on start times and its in general seems to be fine.. I used to close at +10 secs but I think a lot of others do that based on what seems frantic activity at that particular time point... Wouldn't be surprised if there is some opportunity to exploit this by a few brave souls )
BetScalper

Dodgy stuff always goes on at Swindon.

Use to watch the guy watering the track, supposed to do it evenly where possible but often it was blatant soaking of certain lanes over the others.

Also, a number of times, dog looked fine but then pulled at the last minute and an unknown put in its place which often went on to come in the top 2. Some thought it was a coincidence but it seemed to happen more often than not.

Someone once told me that Swindon was the money laundering dog track and I should stay away as there are some rather odd results by unknowns with big prices.
gta2003

Hi all,

I asked the below question a few days back:
Hi all, I was wondering if someone knows when greyhound racing starts finishing later again (around 22:30 as opposed to 21:45ish at the moment).

Many thanks in advance
Matt
Not sure if this was a stupid question or not, as maybe winter doesn't affect the times greyhound racing starts and finishes like it does in horse racing. If anyone knows the answer, would be great to hear from them :-)

Thanks

Matt
spreadbetting

gta2003 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:43 pm
Hi all,

Many thanks in advance
Matt
Not sure if this was a stupid question or not, as maybe winter doesn't affect the times greyhound racing starts and finishes like it does in horse racing. If anyone knows the answer, would be great to hear from them :-)

Thanks

Matt
Might be quicker to just email/tweet a couple of the greyhound tracks and ask them they're usually quite quick at responding to queries. Early finishes do seem to have only started this year and can't imagine it's to do with the daylight so maybe it's here to stay.
gta2003

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:59 pm
gta2003 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:43 pm
Hi all,

Many thanks in advance
Matt

Thanks

Matt
Might be quicker to just email/tweet a couple of the greyhound tracks and ask them they're usually quite quick at responding to queries. Early finishes do seem to have only started this year and can't imagine it's to do with the daylight so maybe it's here to stay.
Hi Spreadbetting - interesting to know, thanks for coming back to me. That would be a shame if that is the case.
MemphisFlash

Trying out a new automation for the greyhounds.
I Set This in the morning and leave it running all day.
2 days total 146 Races for a profit of £59.92 an average of 0.41p per race.
Losses kept to a bare minimum.

Looks promising so far.
so if there is a meeting at Sunderland, 450m and grade A7, I'm quids in. :D :D ;)
on the reverse side if the meeting is at Romford, 575m and grade A5, avoid like the plague :evil: :twisted: :shock:

new bot.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cards37

Nice work!

As a general question, given low liquidity and volatile prices, what do you regard as a fair sample size on Greyhounds to ensure a level of confidence that variance is not just the dominating feature?
MemphisFlash

Afair sample is always relative, some will say 100, others 1000. i want to trust this bot completely
as i am at work and don't have a VPS connection so when i leave it and go to work, there is no way i can stop it.
This is working on minimum stakes with tight parameters and will stay that way until i feel comfortable with it.
At the minute it is doing what i want and that is making money while i am at work.
northbound

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:02 pm
Looks promising so far.
so if there is a meeting at Sunderland, 450m and grade A7, I'm quids in. :D :D ;)
on the reverse side if the meeting is at Romford, 575m and grade A5, avoid like the plague :evil: :twisted: :shock:
I’ve been trading greyhounds manually, here are some ideas to further categorize your races.

1 - By time of the day. I noticed that morning and evening markets behave differently compared to afternoon ones. I struggle to make a profit in afternoon races.

2 - Differentiate between competitive races and races with fav at odds of 3.50-. Often competitive markets are fairly more static.

Perhaps you’ve done this categorisation already, perhaps not, but it would be interesting to see how these two criteria affect the P/L.
MemphisFlash

I too leave afternoon races alone. between 2pm and 6pm is normally quite bad.
spreadbetting

I've never actually checked when my most profitable times/days are, maybe I'll have a look later today as there's little racing.

If you're botting and it's making a profit why would you omit the 2-6 slot, Memphis?

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”