We've gone to the dogs.
jimibt

deansaccount wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:55 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:15 pm
deansaccount wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:31 pm

What does Excel provide that Guardian does not?
Allows you to build your own VBA/Macros to analyse the data before placing trades.

I suspect a good approach could be to wait to see a dog with at least £1,000 matched between odds of say 2 and 4 with a two tick gap between the current back/lay price and then fill it. It could be that in a REAL mode market both would get matched securing a quick profit and then repeat down to 40 seconds or so before the scheduled start time. Don't think it would work in a TEST mode environment for obvious reasons.
Ye it's not the worst method. Trouble is a lot of other people will be trying to make market as well.
potentially, offer out beyond the gap; offset inside the margin... just a thought.
BetScalper

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:00 pm
deansaccount wrote:
BetScalper wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:15 pm

Allows you to build your own VBA/Macros to analyse the data before placing trades.

I suspect a good approach could be to wait to see a dog with at least £1,000 matched between odds of say 2 and 4 with a two tick gap between the current back/lay price and then fill it. It could be that in a REAL mode market both would get matched securing a quick profit and then repeat down to 40 seconds or so before the scheduled start time. Don't think it would work in a TEST mode environment for obvious reasons.
Ye it's not the worst method. Trouble is a lot of other people will be trying to make market as well.
potentially, offer out beyond the gap; offset inside the margin... just a thought.
Wouldn't that mean you would need a rough idea of which way the odds are going ?
jimibt

BetScalper wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:07 pm
jimibt wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:00 pm
deansaccount wrote:

Wouldn't that mean you would need a rough idea of which way the odds are going ?
tbh - from my (limited) experience, the best returns have come from initial bets placed outside the spread with offsets contained inside the spread. as i said, LIMITED!!
MemphisFlash

i will say this only once, this is not a fabricated screenshot!!!!
17.06.2017.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

MemphisFlash

yesterdays autobot results
15.07.2017.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

Why not save yourself the hassle of posting daily p&l shots and post up the last three month one instead.
MemphisFlash

nice steady sunday trading, nothing major.
16.07.17.JPG
spreadbetting

How come your to date is 2 minutes ahead of the time you ran the report 17:37, Memphis? Those times get set when you enter the page so can be behind the time you ran the request but not before, maybe you just use a different browser ;)
Untitled1.png
BetScalper

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:35 pm
How come your to date is 2 minutes ahead of the time you ran the report 17:37, Memphis? Those times get set when you enter the page so can be behind the time you ran the request but not before, maybe you just use a different browser ;)

Untitled1.png
:roll:
ruthlessimon

I think people should fake a really really bad p&l maybe -£10,000 over 3 months, make out you've done all these courses & do 10hrs a day researching. people will be far more likely to help :twisted: . I reckon you could get a massive thread going #contrarian

Being egotistical (i.e. posting flashy screens) will just p1$$ 99% of people right off - even if they are genuine.

& if you start struggling, no-one will be there at your side - because they'll just assume you're the finished article - which none of us are. Every trader needs allies, & demonstrating how great you are, turns people right off. I know plenty of pro traders (bf & financial), never seen their p&l's - but I know they're masters at their craft & blow us mortals clear out the water.

Being humble & genuine is an edge that will reward you again & again
jimibt

i just don't get the point tbh... old thread proved the provenance (or otherwise) of the claims. what's new here, other everyone willing to dig deeper into the forensics (for obvious reasons)!! sigh
BetScalper

jimibt wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:55 pm
i just don't get the point tbh... old thread proved the provenance (or otherwise) of the claims. what's new here, other everyone willing to dig deeper into the forensics (for obvious reasons)!! sigh
+1
spreadbetting

I thought ths thread was to get away from the p&l postings and get it back to discussion of trading the dogs, if it's going to slip back into a dubious p&l thread list it may as well be nipped in the bud. That said there's nothing to stop memphis posting his p&l on maybe a more appropriate thread of his own , they're probably just out of place here.
BetScalper

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:06 pm
I thought ths thread was to get away from the p&l postings and get it back to discussion of trading the dogs, if it's going to slip back into a dubious p&l thread list it may as well be nipped in the bud. That said there's nothing to stop memphis posting his p&l on maybe a more appropriate thread of his own , they're probably just out of place here.
+1

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”