Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
RonObvious

MemphisFlash wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:45 pm
screen layout 1.png
Playing with my toy, a superb Laptop purchased on Wednesday.
Showing my screen layout for the dogs.
You dont use the ladder Memphis?
MemphisFlash

not on the dogs, no
RonObvious

MemphisFlash wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:38 pm
not on the dogs, no
Even more impressive!
spreadbetting

MemphisFlash wrote:
screen layout 1.png
I thought you were supposed to be automated? You should set up automation and manual on separate PC's/Laptops
MemphisFlash

why!!!!!
Naffman

MemphisFlash wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:59 pm
why!!!!!
Because you said you were automated and you obviously aren't
spreadbetting

MemphisFlash wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:59 pm
why!!!!!
Because the beauty of botting is just leaving it to do it's thing, you seem almost obsessed with the daily pnl and even give almost hourly updates on that too. A separate PC will free up resources for any surfing or manual trading, out of sight out of mind etc. Analysising your botting pnl on a daily basis by track etc isn't going to give you any pointers.
MemphisFlash

good start to the day

sat 6th april.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

You spend more time on checking and screen shotting your greyhound bots than most people do manually trading the dogs :)
MemphisFlash

if a job's worth doing , it's worth doing well :D :shock:
Crazyskier

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:12 am
if a job's worth doing , it's worth doing well :D :shock:
Indeed, though I can't help thinking that you'd have more credibility if you responded to the many requests to show a 3 or 6 month P/L to clarify that these aren't just the 'nuggets' amid some huge losses?

CS
Halliday

MemphisFlash wrote:
screen layout 1.png
Is there any point in telling us about your "Superb" purchase ,and continually posting screen shots of your seemingly endless profits,more so when youve been shown to be something of a Walter Mitty character,and rather prone to bragging.

All rather tedious and somewhst pointless.
RonObvious

Was trading a few greyhound races last night and something happened which really bothers me.

It was an OR so was decent money for the dogs and at exactly 2 seconds after post time the market was suspended, this was despite the fact that the dogs were nowhere near the boxes. Indeed it was another 3 minutes before the race started. Now I know people always say to be wary of start times with the dogs and I wasnt caught out but it just seems to be that Betfair miss a trick with dog racing.

Of course this happens on practically every dog race that I've seen, just random suspension of the market no matter where the dogs are, but by suspending dog races so randomly they are missing out on commision which makes no sense to me, how difficult is it to have somebody in Betfair watching a live feed and suspending the market when the dogs are going in the boxes. They've got this pretty spot on with horse racing so why not with dogs?

The really interesting thing to me was you could still put a bet on with traditional bookies right up until the hare was running, in fact the commentator was saying last chance to get your bets on about 2 minutes after Betfair had suspended the market.
dt888

RonObvious wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:13 pm
Was trading a few greyhound races last night and something happened which really bothers me.

It was an OR so was decent money for the dogs and at exactly 2 seconds after post time the market was suspended, this was despite the fact that the dogs were nowhere near the boxes.
Yes, Ive recently been recording off times (or what I thought would be off times) via when market suspends and noticed these to often be very different to the off times given on Sportinglife
dt888

However it is still not often that races go off early. I think Peter posted some figures on this a while back. It does happen occasionally but when it does its very rarely more than a few seconds early

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”