Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
Emmson

OK I just got payed out which I'm happy with. I assume those who backed winner minutes after race was completed also got payed out.
Euler

A lot of stuff is automated at Betfair now so they wouldn't have spotted it unless somebody flagged it to them.
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:50 pm
OK I just got payed out which I'm happy with. I assume those who backed winner minutes after race was completed also got payed out.
Any bet placed after the off time should be voided.
dragontrades

16.58 has not settled right.
nearly all of my bets are missing
Derek27

Does greyhound racing have steward's inquiries?

Do dogs ever get disqualified for interference, biting, etc?
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:55 pm
Does greyhound racing have steward's inquiries?

Do dogs ever get disqualified for interference, biting, etc?
Not like horse racing does. Bumping is all part of it, strongest dog wins, and they all wear muzzles so no biting. You'd only get an enquiry that would affect the result if someone thought the wrong dog had run, or afterwards if they thought that one had been delibrleratly run lame.
dragontrades

All I get from BF support is that they had a technical issue.
Strange
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spreadbetting

They probably just missed the off and voided bets after the offical off time, dragon.
ANGELS15

I hope someone on here can explain something to me: I occasionally back against the 'odds on' favourite in certain dog markets. I could 'dutch' the runners or simply lay the favourite but instead I prefer to simply back the other runners to level stakes as on occasions you can get a big priced winner. today I selected a race the 4.28 Henlow trap 6 was odds on 4/6 I think, I backed the others for small stakes. As the traps flew open the favourite collided with one of the other dogs after the first bend and was knocked out of the race. The winner was 4/1 but I had got 14s on the exchange so made a decent profit. I continued my trading activities until the last race at Galway around 6pm then returned home. When I got in around 7pm I noticed my balance was about £30 or so less than an hour before. when I checked my statement it looked as if the profit of £36 I'd made on the dog race had been deducted. I was confused rang betfair and spoke to a couple of guys in Malta who couldn't really explain it other than that the bets had been declared void. Eventually I got an email saying there was nothing they could do as one of the runners did not finish the race? Are they even going to bother taking bets on jump racing? Perhaps someone with more knowlege of greyhound racing may understand what they're getting at?
BetScalper

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:57 pm
I hope someone on here can explain something to me: I occasionally back against the 'odds on' favourite in certain dog markets. I could 'dutch' the runners or simply lay the favourite but instead I prefer to simply back the other runners to level stakes as on occasions you can get a big priced winner. today I selected a race the 4.28 Henlow trap 6 was odds on 4/6 I think, I backed the others for small stakes. As the traps flew open the favourite collided with one of the other dogs after the first bend and was knocked out of the race. The winner was 4/1 but I had got 14s on the exchange so made a decent profit. I continued my trading activities until the last race at Galway around 6pm then returned home. When I got in around 7pm I noticed my balance was about £30 or so less than an hour before. when I checked my statement it looked as if the profit of £36 I'd made on the dog race had been deducted. I was confused rang betfair and spoke to a couple of guys in Malta who couldn't really explain it other than that the bets had been declared void. Eventually I got an email saying there was nothing they could do as one of the runners did not finish the race? Are they even going to bother taking bets on jump racing? Perhaps someone with more knowlege of greyhound racing may understand what they're getting at?
I am no expert but some types of greyhound races have additional/strange rules whereby all bets are voided on all runners if one or more fails to finish the race.

Trap challenges and some semifinal races have these weird betting rules.
Jukebox

If you've placed your bet on the exchange it should be settled according to the rules of the exchange. There are exchange rules specifically for greyhound racing as well as the general rules. There shouldn't be anything vague. Check the rules and check that Betfair has applied those rules correctly.
ANGELS15

Thanks thats very interesting and a lot clearer than the conversations I had with Betfair On implulse I just looked up the result on the sporting life website to see if I could spot anything unusual. It appears that trap 2 (one of my selections) was a non runner? I didn't recall that at the time. I can only assume that perhaps one of the traps failed to open, very strange that if that was the case the commentator didn't pick up on it?

if that were so surely the race would have been voided. Alternatively perhaps trap 2 was withdrawn just as they were being put in the boxes. Again though I didnt't recall the commentator mentioning a withdrawal at the time. What's infuriating is that it took Betfair nearly 2 hours to void the bets. There should be some kind of rule where they have say 15 minutes or so to void the bets. It's tantamount to bookies telling the public the horses they backed and were paid out on hours ago have been voided there should be a greyhound equivalent of a 'weighed in'

Seriously considering doing my greyhound bets/trades on Betdaq (liquidity and prices poor). I had another issue with Betfair about 6 months ago. I placed a winning greyhound bet, never received the winnings, checked my account to find that the bets had been voided. Long story short it turned out that Betfair had forgotten to suspend the market. Although my bets were on before the actual off they were voided. This is the only service I know of that penalises it's customers for it's own mistakes.
ANGELS15

By the way my initial gratitude is to both BetScalper and Jukebox who've happened to reply to my post first. But I'm equally grateful to anyone else that has anything to add.
StellaBot

The only info I know that maybe helpful about greyhound racing.
Had a spreadsheet of 1 track many years ago.
Over 3000 races manually inputted.
Data included position at each bend, grade, distance, time, going, bumped etc.
What I did find that 20% of greyhounds get bumped interfered with in races.
Could be 4 bumped in 1 race or 0 in others etc.
Statistically the greyhounds who got bumped, next time out with clear run improved on average by 0.2 seconds which is fast in greyhounds terms.
However there is 1 other important factor never mentioned in racing papers, race cards etc thats very important
If there is anyone who has collected data on their local or ideally many tracks
Let me know if you have data eg database or spreadsheet of results
StellaBot

Does anyone know if a disk is available called DogPak
Based on american 8 dog races but could be used for uk.
I had it many years ago cost about £5
I think it was one of thos 3 1/2 inch hard disks

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”