Trading Greyhound racing : Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
Crazyskier

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:09 pm

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:12 am
if a job's worth doing , it's worth doing well :D :shock:
Indeed, though I can't help thinking that you'd have more credibility if you responded to the many requests to show a 3 or 6 month P/L to clarify that these aren't just the 'nuggets' amid some huge losses?

CS

Halliday

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:23 pm

MemphisFlash wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:45 pm
screen layout 1.png
Playing with my toy, a superb Laptop purchased on Wednesday.
Showing my screen layout for the dogs.
Is there any point in telling us about your "Superb" purchase ,and continually posting screen shots of your seemingly endless profits,more so when youve been shown to be something of a Walter Mitty character,and rather prone to bragging.

All rather tedious and somewhst pointless.

RonObvious

Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Was trading a few greyhound races last night and something happened which really bothers me.

It was an OR so was decent money for the dogs and at exactly 2 seconds after post time the market was suspended, this was despite the fact that the dogs were nowhere near the boxes. Indeed it was another 3 minutes before the race started. Now I know people always say to be wary of start times with the dogs and I wasnt caught out but it just seems to be that Betfair miss a trick with dog racing.

Of course this happens on practically every dog race that I've seen, just random suspension of the market no matter where the dogs are, but by suspending dog races so randomly they are missing out on commision which makes no sense to me, how difficult is it to have somebody in Betfair watching a live feed and suspending the market when the dogs are going in the boxes. They've got this pretty spot on with horse racing so why not with dogs?

The really interesting thing to me was you could still put a bet on with traditional bookies right up until the hare was running, in fact the commentator was saying last chance to get your bets on about 2 minutes after Betfair had suspended the market.

dt888

Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:31 pm

RonObvious wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:13 pm
Was trading a few greyhound races last night and something happened which really bothers me.

It was an OR so was decent money for the dogs and at exactly 2 seconds after post time the market was suspended, this was despite the fact that the dogs were nowhere near the boxes.
Yes, Ive recently been recording off times (or what I thought would be off times) via when market suspends and noticed these to often be very different to the off times given on Sportinglife

dt888

Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:35 pm

However it is still not often that races go off early. I think Peter posted some figures on this a while back. It does happen occasionally but when it does its very rarely more than a few seconds early

Hepburn

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:07 pm

I appreciate all profit and loss reports, as a newbie its encouraging to see that bots work very well with fine tuning. :)

RonObvious

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:18 pm

dt888 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:35 pm
However it is still not often that races go off early. I think Peter posted some figures on this a while back. It does happen occasionally but when it does its very rarely more than a few seconds early
I wouldnt be worried too much about them going off early, like you say it seems to rarely happen.

But there is so much opportunity lost for the trader and for Betfair from a commision point of view with the time lost between the market suspending and the actual start of the races sometimes, can be anywhere from seconds to 3-4 minutes.

Euler

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:22 pm

elofan0

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:30 pm

mmm looks like my post which was a good comments gone missing or am i missing it

RonObvious

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Further to my previous post about unpredictable off times I've just watched a market go off 3 minutes late but the really interesting thing was the amount of money still in the market and being traded right up until the market suspends and this is every race.

With it being impossible to judge when greyhound markets will suspend arent these people playing with fire big time? I cant understand how these people arent taking big losses all voer the place

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”

• Information