Predicting price moves

We've gone to the dogs.
gallyn

Can someone give me some indicators or advice about how to predict where the price moves in greyhound markets?
Im trying to trade them in practice mode but it goes against me all the time.
CallumPerry

If it goes against you all the time then just do the opposite and you'll have a 100% strike rate :D :D :D

Perhaps you're going with the flow of money and noticing entry points at the same time as everyone else and getting in when there's a reversal? Do you look at the price moves of other selections (other dogs) to make your decision or just the ladder of the i.e. fav?

I'm by no means an expert and still making plenty of mistakes myself so maybe others will have better advice but what I've started to notice is that you have to really switch your brain around and think backwards a lot of the time. If you see a price steaming in don't think wooooooooo I'm jumping on this, instead wait for a point you think it will reverse unless you think there's still significant power driving it in a particular direction.

Greyhound markets are fast filling markets at the very end so changes happen, can't remember who wrote the quote on this forum before or where it came from originally but it's stuck with me:

If you see a bandwagon it's too late.

Hope any of this helps.
Emmson

Have a look on YouTube channel, might help.
ShaunWhite

gallyn wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:08 am
Can someone give me some indicators or advice about how to predict where the price moves in greyhound markets?
How much liquidity is there in greyhounds at the moment? I'd have thought it would be your proverbial one man and his dog with so much else going on.
Emmson

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:06 pm
gallyn wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:08 am
How much liquidity is there in greyhounds at the moment? I'd have thought it would be your proverbial one man and his dog with so much else going on.
Is Memphis Flash still thriving?
Emmson

So now you cant cite a you tube channel that uses another trading software without some heavy handed martinet deleting it, never even posted the link.

All the political filth that is posted on here is OK though.

Goodbye For Ever.
Emmson

DELETED
Dallas

Emmson wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:43 pm
So now you cant cite a you tube channel that uses another trading software without some heavy handed martinet deleting it, never even posted the link.
The forum has never been allowed to be used as an advertising platform for other software even if not through direct links to YT channels, websites or blogs etc.
The majority are auto-filtered but others will get manually deleted/edited where needed.
ShaunWhite

Emmson wrote:
This is a product related site, funded and maintained my the BA team, it seems reasonable really.
spreadbetting

Emmson wrote:

All the political filth that is posted on here is OK though.

Goodbye For Ever.
See you tomorrow.
Lucacrebbe

CallumPerry wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:16 am
If it goes against you all the time then just do the opposite and you'll have a 100% strike rate :D :D :D

Perhaps you're going with the flow of money and noticing entry points at the same time as everyone else and getting in when there's a reversal? Do you look at the price moves of other selections (other dogs) to make your decision or just the ladder of the i.e. fav?

I'm by no means an expert and still making plenty of mistakes myself so maybe others will have better advice but what I've started to notice is that you have to really switch your brain around and think backwards a lot of the time. If you see a price steaming in don't think wooooooooo I'm jumping on this, instead wait for a point you think it will reverse unless you think there's still significant power driving it in a particular direction.

Greyhound markets are fast filling markets at the very end so changes happen, can't remember who wrote the quote on this forum before or where it came from originally but it's stuck with me:

If you see a bandwagon it's too late.

Hope any of this helps.
Hi.

I have red your message

Very intersting. I am a noob when it comes to this kind of tecnical analisis... could you help me out please with some examples?

You talk about ''Money flow index''' ... well how far this indicator differs from onbalance volume? How to time it?

Example: l et's suppose at odd of 3,4 there is a low Money flow index, then at 3,5 you see money start coming in because the money flow index start to increase.... well how cn you be sure to have timed the market and that you are not too late?
CallumPerry

Not Money Flow Index mate just the general 'flow of money' I meant, looking with your eyes where the money is coming in. If you're interested in exploring MFI or other kinds of technical analysis go ahead, you may find some clever edge but don't bother using several stock market indicators combined because these markets work differently. I spent a few weeks looking at this, some neural networks and other equally complex avenues before realising they don't 'fit' the markets I was looking at. Keep it simple, build you own models using automation bots or excel and analyse what you find.

For example, you can't use the previous 200 prices in a 200EMA (Exponential moving average) in a greyhound race where the activity doesn't really come in until the final 180 seconds, know what I mean?
CallumPerry

To answer your question about Money Flow Index...

Open up excel and create a MFI indicator (the formula is in the first link in google if you search Money Flow Index Indicator) then create a trigger, an entry point, based on how far the index differs from the OnBalance Volume (adjustable variable). Run this bot with low stakes and analyse how often/quick it makes the right decision.

Don't forget to think of a trigger for an exit point and in excel I usually have a cell that is my 'kill' command i.e. =if(C6<90.00,"No","Yes")

This basically means if your balance drops below £90 (random example) then it will show the word 'No', you need a section in your 'entry trigger' cell that checks this kill command and if it says no it will not make any new orders. There is also another key problem with that formula that I will leave you to figure out, try it in practise mode first and when you know I'll help you with the next stage :)

Good luck mate, get yourself into a good habit of learning every day. I work full-time as a teacher so my evenings consist of 1 hour of learning or analysing from the days bot, 30 mins just playing with the markets and an hour of coding ideas to run the next day. The learning part is invaluable.
Lucacrebbe

CallumPerry wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:20 am
Not Money Flow Index mate just the general 'flow of money' I meant, looking with your eyes where the money is coming in. If you're interested in exploring MFI or other kinds of technical analysis go ahead, you may find some clever edge but don't bother using several stock market indicators combined because these markets work differently. I spent a few weeks looking at this, some neural networks and other equally complex avenues before realising they don't 'fit' the markets I was looking at. Keep it simple, build you own models using automation bots or excel and analyse what you find.

For example, you can't use the previous 200 prices in a 200EMA (Exponential moving average) in a greyhound race where the activity doesn't really come in until the final 180 seconds, know what I mean?
Could you tell me more about ''looking with your eyes where the money is coming in'' ?

How can be done this?

It's is so fast generally, the money is shown up and then it disappears, orders get deleted..

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”