Correlation

We've gone to the dogs.
BetScalper

I cant post the link but there is an interesting video on YT about trading greyhounds by focusing on races where the 1st and 2nd favourite are below 4 and the others are above 8.

Its kind of like trading non hcap horse races which have 2 short priced favourites.

Most of the time they are heavily correlated and will move in the opposite direction within their trading ranges.

Anyone had a go at trading greyhound correlations ?
Euler

I probably have the data somewhere. When we are out of this busy period I can have a look at it, but I'd imagine the trick is spotting the correlation.
BetScalper

Euler wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:49 pm
I probably have the data somewhere. When we are out of this busy period I can have a look at it, but I'd imagine the trick is spotting the correlation.
Sounds good. :)
Euler

I don't trade the dogs like this. But open races tend to exhibit the strong favourites you mention.
BetScalper

Euler wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:54 pm
I don't trade the dogs like this. But open races tend to exhibit the strong favourites you mention.
Yep.

Like all these videos the person makes it look easy but they are trading open races from 1:30 to 0:30 before the start. Not allot of time to trade but I guess if you get 10+ of those a day out of 100 or so dog races then it will soon add up over the week/month etc.

Spotting when it starts/ends, like you said, is probably the key element. I wonder if that has anything todo with the short trading timeframe he chose ?
gallyn

Can you send the link in DM about the videos?
CarlosGB74

Hello! Could you please also send me that link via DM? Much appreciated!

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”