Unsuspended greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
Jukebox

You could still back the winner of the 15:39 4 minutes after it was finished and results up in sporting life. Watch out
Derek27

Thanks for the info. ;)
Jukebox

What was even more shocking was that the winner was still in the 3's 4 minutes after it won and the bots were steadily plodding on - its clearly all unattended bots and little else.
Derek27

I think greyhound racing is a no-no for bots, or at least trading after off-time - it's reportedly happened a few times now.
Bog

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:46 pm
You could still back the winner of the 15:39 4 minutes after it was finished and results up in sporting life. Watch out
What's the point backing the winner after the race finished? They will void all the bets made after the race started. They always do that...
Jukebox

I wasn't actually suggesting that anyone should - but warning forum members that the market had been unsuspended for so long - it might have given them a chance to remove bots or proceed with caution.

This suggested that there was either a technical problem or someone was being inattentive (or possibly worse).

Many of us have suffered from the consequences of the aftermath where Betfair failed to suspend or were tardy in doing so - Betfair have to figure out where they will draw the line to settle the market (or even if they will draw a line) often referencing scheduled off-time as the cutoff - which we know is usually very different to actual off time - and by who's clock?.

I'm sure many traders have speculative orders in the market that they might hope to catch a spike on preoff but they expect otherwise for them to be cancelled at the off - its quite a different prospect to discover that only the losers got grabbed. Think also of the traders who open a position and expect to close with a take sp - that never comes.
Jukebox

Bog wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:35 am
What's the point backing the winner after the race finished? They will void all the bets made after the race started. They always do that...
[/quote]

And - no they don't always do that - if you're lucky they will do their best to be fair - but they can't be precise and they will give far more attention to sorting out a UK horserace properly than a US one or a dog race or a far flung football match.
Dallas

Over the years comments by users on this forum like Jukeboxes have potentially saved me quite a bit when something goes wrong,
ANGELS15

I had an instance a few months ago when I had backed the winner of a dog race a minute or so before the off. Betfair suspended the market a few seconds before the off but still voided my bet because they hadn't suspeneded it half a minute earlier.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”